Number of papers reviewed criterion in EB-1A application

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Number of papers reviewed criterion in EB-1A application

I have a few questions regarding the number of papers reviewed criterion for application under EB-1A category:

1. Does more always make the case stronger? If I have reviewed a decent number of papers (e.g. 25 - 30) could I significantly improve my chances by spending time on reviewing more papers (e.g. 50)?

2. Does review for a conference carries the same weight as review for a journal?

3. Does the count of the journals or conferences for which one reviews matter more than the number of papers one reviews? Shall I aim to review papers for different journals rather than more papers for the same journal?

4. Does re-review of a revised journal paper count as a separate review or is multiple reviews of the same journal paper count as one review?

I would appreciate any advice in this regard!

There is no category called "number of papers reviewed criterion". The criterion is: "Judging the work of others". Typically reviewing papers, editing journals, etc., are cited as evidence under this category. Since reviewing papers is expected of researchers, the more papers you review the better. Moreover, evidence such as invitation letter from the journal editors/conference organizers citing you to be a top researcher in your area and hence requesting you to review a paper make for a stronger evidence rather than just the number of papers you reviewed. And of course being the editor of a journal is a stronger evidence than merely being a reviewer of paper. Hence, I would say you are overthinking it a bit. More the number of papers you reviewed, the better it is. But there is no cut off, or anything like it. In the end this is a very subjective criterion.
    Just an opinion; Not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X