X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Close to 6 years on L1A Visa

Hi,

I have completed close to 6 years on L1A visa. I have two questions:

1) I am checking with my employer if they process green card. If they do, which category would I qualify under? EB1, EB2, EB3? Does it qualify me under EB1? What are the typical processing times for EB1?

2) In the event that my employer does not decide to process GC for me, I am thinking of switching on H1B. Is that an option for me since I have already completed 5.5 years on L1A. I will have completed 6 years before OCtober next year (when H1B quota reopens) Would I need to spend a year outside of the country to apply for H1B? If I go out of the country in the next 2 months (before I complete 6 years) - does that make me eligible to apply for H1 in the coming year?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

you can use EB1C category for priority worker. You can be here max 7 years on L1A. If you switch to H1 I think you can still be only for 1 more year after which you will have to leave the country. If you start GC processing after being on H1, you can get more extension as you should always start atleast process with 1 yr remaining. Hope it helps..

Your case is ltlle complicated, good attorney should be consulted.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X