EB1A processing timelines - Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EB1A processing timelines - Question

August 31, 2020 - Received form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status. - [Filed I 485/EAD/AP concurrently]
    September 17, 2020 - We accepted the fingerprint fee for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status. Our National Benefits Center location is working on your case.
    October 22, 2020- Completed biometrics for I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status. and I765-EAD
    October 23, 2020 - Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken'

what is the time line after this for scheduling
    1. An interview for I485?
    2. Receive EAD/AP combo card?

Originally posted by star186 View Post
    August 31, 2020 - Received form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status. - [Filed I 485/EAD/AP concurrently]
    September 17, 2020 - We accepted the fingerprint fee for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status. Our National Benefits Center location is working on your case.
    October 22, 2020- Completed biometrics for I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status. and I765-EAD
    October 23, 2020 - Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken'

what is the time line after this for scheduling
    1. An interview for I485?
    2. Receive EAD/AP combo card?

I'm an EB1A applicant. Here's my timeline if it helps:

I applied for I-140/1-765/1-131 at the end of December 2019.

Received approval for 1-765 and I-131 in May 2020.

Received approval for I-140 in June 2020.

Had biometrics done in August 2020 - received EAD card a few days later.

I applied for I-485 in Feb 2020.

Fingerprints from I-765 were applied to it in August 2020.

Got an I-485 RFE for medical (I-693) and proof of maintenance of status in early October 2020.
    RFE response sent 2 weeks later. They have said they received it. My lawyer says that the RFE for the medical means I'm unlikely to be called for an interview.

Got a 2nd biometrics appointment for I-131 (weird but they have been issuing these of late) for 11/13 which I attended and which has updated to show fingerprints applied even though I already have my AP. They only took one fingerprint tho and another photo.

Now just waiting for I-485 approval. I did receive a phone call from a USCIS officer today though, very unexpectedly.

So far has actually all moved quite fast.

Hope this helps.

Comment

my EAD (I 765 )/AP(I 131) was approved today (11/16/2020). Now I am waiting for my I 485 interview to be scheduled.
      What is the purpose of the call from USCIS officer checking? Did the officer say an interview will be required?

Comment

also I think because of the COVID your had some delay otherwise you had a pretty fast timeline

Comment

Thank you for sharing your experience and congrats.

Comment

Originally posted by star186 View Post
            my EAD (I 765 )/AP(I 131) was approved today (11/16/2020). Now I am waiting for my I 485 interview to be scheduled.
            What is the purpose of the call from USCIS officer checking? Did the officer say an interview will be required?
            The officer was checking about my 2nd biometrics appointment - apparently he was supposed to have called me beforehand to tell me whether or not I needed to go but didn't so I went anyway.

In any case, on Nov 24th I got an email saying my card was being produced, next day I got an email saying my I-485 had been approved and last week I got my physical green card in hand. The actual approval letter just arrived yesterday funnily enough.

So, no interview. You might not get one either. Have you already submitted your medicals? If you haven't and they send RFE asking for you to submit them in the mail, you 99.9% won't get an interview.

You're right, my timeline has been pretty fast and I think if not for covid yes it may have been faster.

Hope all is progressing with you. Thanks for the congrats - am v happy (is quite surreal as well).

All the best!!1

Comment

Hello,

Does anyone has any latest approved I-485 case in EB1A? I just recently applied for I-485 and my PD is April 24, 2020. Just trying to get a sense of timeline.

Thank you
              Employment based AOS
              Priority date: 04/24/2020
              Package delivered: 04/06/2021
              Check cashed: 04/27/2021
              Received receipt notice through texts and emails: 04/27/2021
              Paper notice of arrival: 05/03/2021
              Biometrics notice received: 05/28/2021
              Biometrics done: 06/14/2021'
              I-485 AOS Approved: 09/08/2021
              Green card mailed: 09/10/2021
              Green card in hand: 09/13/2021