Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EB1-C Queries

Hi
    I am a naturalized British Citizen (originally from India) looking to move to the US ideally within the next 9 months.

I have validated that my position is suitable for EB1C and L1A and that the company has a US based role that I could move to. My preference for EB1C is because the green card priority date is ‘current’ based on my research to date. My questions for this forum:
    1. I have been working for my employer in the UK for the last 10 years, 2 of which are as a full time employee and as a manager of a global team. The 8 years prior to that (continuously) have been as a consultant. Does this make me an eligible candidate?
    2. What needs to happen inorder for the EB1C application to be processed? Step by step please.
    3. Realistically speaking how long does the entire process take? At what point am I supposed/allowed to travel to the US?
    4. I am assuming my wife and my kids (all under 16) can join me as family members?
    5. Is it possible to apply for my 68 yo mother as a dependant? She is a widow and is financially dependent on me and I have legal guardianship of my mother.
    6. How long after arrival in the US before I can apply for the green card? And once applied, how long for it to be issued?
    Thanks

Originally posted by NirmalKish View Post
    Hi
    I am a naturalized British Citizen (originally from India) looking to move to the US ideally within the next 9 months.

I have validated that my position is suitable for EB1C and L1A and that the company has a US based role that I could move to. My preference for EB1C is because the green card priority date is ‘current’ based on my research to date. My questions for this forum:
    1. I have been working for my employer in the UK for the last 10 years, 2 of which are as a full time employee and as a manager of a global team. The 8 years prior to that (continuously) have been as a consultant. Does this make me an eligible candidate?
    2. What needs to happen inorder for the EB1C application to be processed? Step by step please.
    3. Realistically speaking how long does the entire process take? At what point am I supposed/allowed to travel to the US?
    4. I am assuming my wife and my kids (all under 16) can join me as family members?
    5. Is it possible to apply for my 68 yo mother as a dependant? She is a widow and is financially dependent on me and I have legal guardianship of my mother.
    6. How long after arrival in the US before I can apply for the green card? And once applied, how long for it to be issued?
    Thanks
    I don't have any experience with EB1C. I believe you would be eligible for EB1C, if you had direct reportee. However, EB1C is employer based, so, your employer has to sponsor it. I think there are two ways you can enter into the US. Coming on L1A and then later applying for EB1C. Or you apply directly for EB1C from Britain and then enter US through immigrant visa. I think if you are serious about it, talk to your employer about sponsoring you EB1C later when you are in the US on L1A. And talk to an immigration lawyer in the US. Immigration lawyer would be able to provide you clear information on this process and details about it.
    Employment based AOS
    Priority date: 04/24/2020
    Package delivered: 04/06/2021
    Check cashed: 04/27/2021
    Received receipt notice through texts and emails: 04/27/2021
    Paper notice of arrival: 05/03/2021
    Biometrics notice received: 05/28/2021
    Biometrics done: 06/14/2021'
    I-485 AOS Approved: 09/08/2021
    Green card mailed: 09/10/2021
    Green card in hand: 09/13/2021

Comment