Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone with experience self petitioning for EB1 and H1B extension simultaneously

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone with experience self petitioning for EB1 and H1B extension simultaneously

I am currently on H1B and plan on self-petitioning for EB2. My attorney recommended that if my employer can extend the H1B simultaneously, that would be the best option for me because of the long time that the EB2 may take. My current H1B will expire in about a year from today. Does anyone have experience with the extension of H1B and EB2 at the same time?. My attorney also plans to file for EAD along with the 1-40 and I-485 to ensure that I have a work permit in case the EB2 green card takes more time than expected. Is it legal to apply for both the H1B extension through my employer and the self petitioned EB2?
    Thanks.

It is legal. My case is however different from yours a bit. I self petitioned while on company sponsored 2nd H1B. Once you submit your application forms and receive EAD, you can choose to stay on H1B or move to EAD. If you pick EAD, you have to renew yearly until you hear the decision on your I-140. I say I-140 not I-485 because if your I-140 is denied, that's pretty much it.

Comment

Originally posted by S.mir View Post
      It is legal. My case is however different from yours a bit. I self petitioned while on company sponsored 2nd H1B. Once you submit your application forms and receive EAD, you can choose to stay on H1B or move to EAD. If you pick EAD, you have to renew yearly until you hear the decision on your I-140. I say I-140 not I-485 because if your I-140 is denied, that's pretty much it.
      Thanks!. I figured that extending and usingthe H1B visa is better than to use the EAD and then I cant use the H1B anymore.
      If I may ask, how many letters of reference did you provide?. And did you use an attorney?. note that I reside in the US.
      Thanks!

Comment

I agree. My attorney also advised me to spend out my H1B time then move to EAD. I sent about 7 recommendation letters + an expert letter. I asked every supervisor I work for within the last 10 years for a recommendation letter. 4 of those came from my current employer. I only sent an expert letter after I received an RFE for I-140

Comment

Nope, I've never heard of those two. I did see a lot of testimonials though. Seemed more like an ad or those people who create **** accounts to give high rating to their own product, haha.

My first lawyer was terrible. My brother-in-law took up my case when I received an I-140 RFE. He practices immigration law, but is extremely busy with many cases from work. Originally, I didn't want to bother him. Depending on how strong your case is, 2 recommendation letters will suffice. However, it doesn't hurt having many people rooting for you.

You pretty much have to write your own recommendation letters emphasizing specific point you want included, then send to your people to rewrite in their own voice, date, and sign. This also holds true when you do engage an expert. You know what's important and required in the case more than they do. And unless you are best buds with the recommender, most people don't want to write a recommendation letter from scratch.

Comment

Originally posted by S.mir View Post
            Nope, I've never heard of those two. I did see a lot of testimonials though. Seemed more like an ad or those people who create **** accounts to give high rating to their own product, haha.

My first lawyer was terrible. My brother-in-law took up my case when I received an I-140 RFE. He practices immigration law, but is extremely busy with many cases from work. Originally, I didn't want to bother him. Depending on how strong your case is, 2 recommendation letters will suffice. However, it doesn't hurt having many people rooting for you.

You pretty much have to write your own recommendation letters emphasizing specific point you want included, then send to your people to rewrite in their own voice, date, and sign. This also holds true when you do engage an expert. You know what's important and required in the case more than they do. And unless you are best buds with the recommender, most people don't want to write a recommendation letter from scratch.
            I hired a new attorney and I am in the process again to prepare all the documents for the I-140. I have a question to you regarding the letters of reference. What did you tell your references to provide a letter?. How much h information about the petition did you share with the reference?. I am asking because the attorney I hired said that it is best to ask for letters from experts who do not work with you so the officer can see that there is no financial or work benefit that they gain from the process. I wonder what to say to my references in a request for a letter?. My attorney will draft the letters so it suits the language that the USCIS requires. Do I tell them that?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X