Processing time for I-40 and I-485 in Texas Center

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Processing time for I-40 and I-485 in Texas Center

My attorney is applying on my behalf for EB2-NIW in Texas and the filing will be roughly in about a month. I checked the processing time on the USCIS website and it shows 12-29 months for I-140, and 10-18 months for I-485 employment (EB1 and 2). My attorney thinks it will take between 12-18 months too.
    I wonder for those applying to EB2, what was their experience. How fast the I-140 and the 485 were approved?

​​​​​​​Thanks!

I filed concurrently. PD 7/8/19. I-140 approved after 14 months and I-485 just approved after 27 months. It also depends where you are. If you are not in Texas, your forms may be transferred to a field office around your area or one that has fewer cases. Mine application was transferred three times before coming to my local field office.

Comment

If your I-485 was approved 27 months from the PD July 7th 2019, would not that make the approval date, 27 months later, November 8th, 2021 which is next week?. I wonder if I misunderstood what you said?

Comment

To be precise, it was approved after 26 months and 17 days, haha

Comment

I retained a new attorney for the I-40. I was wondering did you hire your attorney to file all paperwork on your behalf including I-140 and I-485?. I hired actually a law firm and they seem very well organized. However, there is a separate fee of $1500 for the I-485.

Comment

My attorney fees covered work on all forms. Form filing fee was not part of the attorney fees. If an RFE is requested, you may have to pay an extra charge.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X