• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1-H1 and effect on GC with I94

Let me ask the queries in terms of dates:

1] You filed h1-h1 on 9/30/00
    Left US on 10/19/00
    Entered US on 11/19/00 ( Another I94 at POE, call B)
    H1-H1 approved 12/11/00 (ie new I94 , call A)

First of all, Is A a new I94 or just an amended I94 having the same no. as one which u surrendered at POE on
    10/19/00.
    I heard this from many people that it is amended I94 having same no. as old I94 which i would have surrendered at POE
    while leaving U.S , hence A becomes worthless even after receiving it later on.

If No, then that I94 becomes invalid becoz the latest i94 no. is the latest i94.

So does the new H1 also become invalid.Can i work for that new company on a new h1 [ofcourse after resigning from
    old company]even though i entered on old company's h1.
    Is it that this matters only for I94 and h1 status is not affected and the catch is i will have to leave U.S. before my old
    h1 expiry date[which would be on i94] and not able to stay till my new h1's expiry date.

2]say, You filed h1-h1 on 9/30/00
    Left US on 10/19/00
    H1-H1 approved 11/11/00 (ie new I94 , call A)
    Entered US on 11/19/00 ( Another I94 at POE, call B)

B overwrites A which is acceptable to me.
    So does the new H1 also become invalid.Can i work for that new company on a new h1 [ofcourse after resigning from
    old company]even though i entered on old company's h1?.

Either case , i would be submitting this old employer's I94 for GC process with new employer.
    Would this cause a problem as i have heard many people say that it causes problems.

Also, once filed for H1-H1 transfer, u leave the contry for vacation and come back, are u abandoning the transfer
    process?.
    Someone said that the process is abandoned and u cannot work on the new H1 after it gets approved though u can
    continue to work on the old H1[which i do not want to do and that's the reason i filed for transfer].

Pls. respond to these queries.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X