Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Job role change and promotion - what are the chance of my PERM getting approved?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Job role change and promotion - what are the chance of my PERM getting approved?

Because of the job role change and promotion, new PERM is being filed.
    Will really appreciate the advice if there is a chance of my PERM getting approved.

2013 - I joined a company as a Senior Software Developer.
    2013 - Filed PERM with the Senior Developer profile.
    2014 - I-140 approved in PD in 2014 in EB2.
    2015-2016 - worked on several information security projects.
    2016 - With the same roles and responsibility got promoted to AVP.
    2017 - Took an internal transfer to the Information security department.
    Informed lawyers. They said the amendment will be filed along with the visa extension in 2018.
    2018 - Along with the H1B-Visa extension, an amendment was made with new job responsibilities in information security.
    I was told a new PERM will be filed. It was not filed.
    2020 - Got promoted to VP, Information Security in May 2020.
    Informed lawyers. I was told a new PERM will be filed. It was not filed.
    October 2020 - With the October bulletin, I am eligible to port to EB3.
    BUT NOW - lawyers say need to file a new PERM because job responsibilities change and more than one promotion level from senior dev (when my I-140 was issued) to VP.

For the PERM, lawyers want me to come up with job descriptions/special requirements for my current role (VP, Information Security).
    They say for VP they need Master's degree +5 years or Bachelor's degree +7 years.
    I do have an overall experience of >7 years.

However, they also say I can't use my any experience as AVP to qualify for the current role.
    It needs to be things I gained as a senior software developer or any prior employers.

I don't know if this 7+ experience is for information security or IT in general because although I did work information security stuff for a couple of years (2015-2016) as a Senior developer, the majority of my work experience is primarily in software development. What are my options?

When I was switching departments I did ask lawyers about this and they said It should not be a problem. But now with the new perm with this current situation and the above scenario, would I be able to have my PERM approved?

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X