No announcement yet.

Occupation Title Mismatch in Certified PERM Petitions and Past H-1B Petitions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Occupation Title Mismatch in Certified PERM Petitions and Past H-1B Petitions

Hi,

I recently got my Form 9089 certified by DOL. It was certified with Occupation title as 'Software Developer, Applications' with SOC code - 15-1132. However in all my previous H-1B petitions (initial petition, amendment, extension) the occupation title my attorneys used was 'Computer Systems Analyst' with SOC code - 15-1121. I'm in the 6th year of my H-1B and I need the I-140 to be approved in order to proceed with the H-1B extension.

When I asked about the Occupation title/SOC code mismatch in the recent filing to my attorneys, they said H-1B filing and PERM filing are different. In H-1B, the attorneys enter the occupation title and SOC code in the petition, however for PERM petition the reviewing DOL officer assigns the occupation title and SOC code. My attorneys said this mismatch should not be a problem to proceed with I-140 filing and upcoming H-1B extension.

What are your thoughts? Has anyone encountered this situation before?

Hi,
    As your Attorney said, H1B and PERM filing are two different dimension .. for filing H1B, We will file LCA there we will select SOC code, wage and other required items. But when it is coming for GC, title, SOC code and wage will be determined by Officer.. So, Attorney can not do anything on this. Moreover, GC is for future Employment.. So, you need not to worry about H1B and GC title and SOC codes..
    Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X