PERM Application Deadline for H1B extension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PERM Application Deadline for H1B extension

I am struggling to find accurate information online as well as thru my company lawyer so writing here.
    My current H1B expires In August of 2022, I believe there are somethings that need to happen atleast 1 year before the 6th year of H1B that enables further extension of H1B.

Not sure whether its PERM application in that timeframe or PERM approval or something else by Aug of 2021?

Can someone guide based on Aug 2022 H1B max out date what are the certain deadlines for any applications/approvals that need to happen to enable further H1B extension in 2022, examples PERM application needs to be submitted before X date or needs to be approved before X date or I140 to be submitted/approved before X date or any other applications/forms.

TIA.
    Rohit

Hi,
    When you want to extend your H1B beyond sixth year, you will need to have I-140 Approval on your hand. Please note, It is not necessary that, I-140 Approval with same Employer. Your previous I-140 Approval with any employer can be used to extend H1B beyond six years. But, The previous I-140 should not be withdrawn by Employer within 180 days of petition filing.
    If your PERM is pending for more than 365 days at the time of Extension, then you can request one year H1B Approval.
    Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X