Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many times to have C1 visa?

Hello

I am a French guy who is stuck in Sri Lanka because I did not know I needed transit Visa to go in South America.

I already miss my first flight and I am waiting in one guesthouse to have my C1 visa granted.

The first one was made the 6 February and I made an another one (because no reply and I was hurry) the 8 February.

The problem is also my bank card was stolen in hostel one week ago. So I just have some cash.

Anyway, I need every information I can get about the reason why is so long. I mean I traveled in so many country and even a one year visa in Australia or New Zealand was quicker.

Please can you tell me you many times I have to wait? What is your experience?

Thank you

around 2 weeks

Comment

If all goes well, then somewhere around two weeks.

Comment

Confirmation page of form DS-160.
        Valid passport.
        One passport size photo for each visa applicant, including infants (see the “Photo Requirements” webpage)
        A copy of your itinerary/reservations showing your need to transit the United States.

Comment

With a C-1/D visa, a maximum stay in the United States of up to 180 days per entry is permitted; either several times or in a single block. Note: The exception to this rule is crew members of ships. They have to leave the United States with their ship after 29 days at the latest.

Last edited by Ledford58; 11-24-2021, 06:25 AM.

Comment

Generally, it takes around 3-5 business days – 2 weeks at most – for you to receive the decision from the embassy. In that decision, they will tell you whether your application was approved or not.

Last edited by SwansonS; 08-16-2022, 12:36 AM.

Comment

Generally, it takes around 3-5 business days – 2 weeks at most – for you to receive the decision from the embassy. In that decision, they will tell you whether your application was approved or not.

anonigviewer
              bingenerator
              ​​
              Last edited by Anaka123; 02-27-2023, 04:27 PM.

Comment

I am sorry to hear about your situation. It must be frustrating to be stuck in Sri Lanka because of a transit visa issue. As for the processing time for your C1 visa, it can vary depending on several factors, such as the workload of the embassy or consulate and the online2yu complexity of your application. Unfortunately, I do not have any specific information about the processing time for Sri Lanka.

However, I suggest reaching out to the embassy or consulate where you applied for your visa to inquire about the status of your application. They may be able to provide you with an estimated processing time or any updates on your application.

Regarding your stolen bank card, it is essential to report
                omeglz it immediately to your bank so that they can take the necessary steps to protect your account and issue you a new card.

I hope this information helps, and I wish you the best of luck in resolving your situation and continuing your travels.
                Last edited by DunogRamedu; 04-14-2023, 12:15 AM.

Comment

this app is so helpful

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X