Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Visa approved but case status is in Administrative process ( 221(g))

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visa approved but case status is in Administrative process ( 221(g))

My spouse had her interview on 13th Dec 2018 and the Officer told visa is approved after interview but later the status has been moved to Administrative Process under 221(g).
    She also got an e-mail stating to submit the following but I am confused as I am not sure why she has been asked to provide all those asked below,

Scan and submit the following as a PDF document:

• Invitation: An invitation letter from the Petitioner / sponsoring organization in the US. This letter should include your supervisor or advisor and details about your work.
    Submit all of the following information as a Word document:
    • Resume: A detailed resume/CV, including your professional academic background, three professional references, and a list of all your publications.
    • Research: A complete and detailed description of 1) your past research; 2) your current research; and 3) any research you intend to conduct in the US. You must include a description of the practical applications of your research or study.
    • Position: Your current job title and a full description of your work.
    • Purpose: A detailed statement of the purpose of your visit to the US.
    • Itinerary: An itinerary of all locations you will visit in the US, including dates, contact names, organizations, addresses, and telephone numbers.
    • Funding: Name of the person or organization who is funding your trip.
    • Travelers: A list of all the travelers who will accompany you, including family members and colleagues.
    • Travel: Dates and locations of all your international travel for the last ten years, except for US travel.

I have a GC and I sponsored my spouse for an F2A visa but they are asking the above details. I am not sure what kind of an invitation letter they need which includes supervisor or advisor details about work.

Please help

Originally posted by binilgeorge View Post
    My spouse had her interview on 13th Dec 2018 and the Officer told visa is approved after interview but later the status has been moved to Administrative Process under 221(g).
    She also got an e-mail stating to submit the following but I am confused as I am not sure why she has been asked to provide all those asked below,

• Invitation: An invitation letter from the Petitioner / sponsoring organization in the US. This letter should include your supervisor or advisor and details about your work.
    • Resume: A detailed resume/CV, including your professional academic background, three professional references, and a list of all your publications.
    • Research: A complete and detailed description of 1) your past research; 2) your current research; and 3) any research you intend to conduct in the US. You must include a description of the practical applications of your research or study.
    • Itinerary: An itinerary of all locations you will visit in the US, including dates, contact names, organizations, addresses, and telephone numbers.
    • Travelers: A list of all the travelers who will accompany you, including family members and colleagues.
    • Travel: Dates and locations of all your international travel for the last ten years, except for US travel.

I have a GC and I sponsored my spouse for an F2A visa but they are asking the above details. I am not sure what kind of an invitation letter they need which includes supervisor or advisor details about work.

Please help
    Yes, none of those are relevant to your case. I think there might be a confusion here. A non-immigrant student visa also has the same letter designation (F). I would say that you should get in touch with the consulate and mention that this is an immigrant visa.
    Just an opinion; Not legal advice.

Comment

Date changed to current date after sending questionnaire

I completed the questionnaire and send it back to MumbaiIVTech (12/19/2018) and it appears that the last updated date on my case (D260 status) has been now changed to 12/19/18, but still showing administrative process.
      Does it mean they require additional documents or they are working on the case?

I received a white slip along with the returned passport stating the case is in Administrative Process and will contact you when process is complete.
      Does getting a white slip indicating a long process than other color codes??

Comment

Originally posted by binilgeorge View Post

Please help

Hi did you get anything ? My spouse had a interview and was told, visa approved but case is under processing. Not sure, what the hold up is

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X