Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applying for Schengen visa from USA while on B1/B2 visa

Hello,
    My parents are visiting USA but would like to travel to Europe France, Portugal,Vatican.
    Questions
    1. Can they apply for Schengen visa to visit these countries during their US stay ? On the VFS global website , I read you should preferably apply from your primary place of residence . Does anyone have experience with applying for Schengen visa while in the US on Indian passport?

2. How much in advance will they need to apply while in the USA ?

Thank You

Do US Citizens Need an EU Visa to Enter Europe? Citizens of the United States with a valid US passport can travel to 27 European member countries of the Schengen Area for a maximum of 90 days without having to apply for or obtain a Schengen visa for short-term tourism or a business trip. Subway Live IQ
    Last edited by Stephens548; 02-16-2023, 12:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by saggidiana View Post
      Hello,
      My parents are visiting USA but would like to travel to Europe France, Portugal,Vatican.
      Questions
      1. Can they apply for Schengen visa to visit these countries during their US stay ? On the VFS global website , I read you should preferably apply from your primary place of residence . Does anyone have experience with applying for Schengen visa while in the US on Indian passport?

2. How much in advance will they need to apply while in the USA ?

Thank You
      You must apply for a Schengen visa at the consulate or embassy of the country you intend to enter first or stay in the longest during your trip. If you are a US citizen, you generally wouldn't need a visa for stays less than 90 days within a 180-day period, so this wouldn't apply.​

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X