Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I apply for schengen tourist visa with an expired H1B stamp but approved I-797

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I apply for schengen tourist visa with an expired H1B stamp but approved I-797

Hi,
    I am in US on H1B visa and my visa stamp has expired on my passport.
    I am going to india and am going to get my visa stamped there based on the approved I-797.
    While coming back i am planning to visit 3 countries in Europe (Germany, Belgium and Netherlands)

I need to apply for schengen visa for the Europe trip but I have read mixed comments about applying when the H1B stamp expired on passport. Does anyone have any personal experience with such situation?

Do I have an option of applying the schengen Visa in India ? Or Do i have to apply in US ?

I've also read that sometimes even if you have expired Visa stamp, you can get the schengen visa based on Approved I- 797 and the proof of Visa appointment confirmation ? Has anybody done this successfully ??

Thanks in advance,

Yes

We went to Swiss consulate in SF and showed them the approved 797 and confirmation of appointment for Visa stamping in India ( this wasn't required though) and there was no issue. Got the multiple entry visa for schengen countries.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X