Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schengen Visa - overstay???

Hello to all,

I am a Filipino citizen and I am a frequent traveller to Germany since February this year because of training reasons (my company sent me).

For my first visit, I have applied for a Schengen Visa at the German Embassy and they issued me a 30-day MULT Entry Type C Schengen Visa (valid from Feb. 20, 2016 to Mar. 30, 2016). I have entered Germany on Feb. 21, 2016 and left on Mar. 19, 2016.

Then, my company wanted to send me again for another busines trip to Germany last April. And since my first visa was already expired, I have applied again for another Schengen Visa. This time, the embassy issued me a (one year validity) MULT Entry Type C Schengen Visa (valid from Apr. 9, 2016 to Apr. 8, 2017). In which I have noticed also some restriction that I can only be on a 90-day trip (Duration of stay). Then, I went back to Germany on Apr. 4 [Entry] to May 7 [Departure) (28 days). Then went back again to the Philippines. After that, to make the long story short, I was sent again for another one month travels, Jun. 12 [Entry] to Jul. 9 [Departure] (28 days), then went back again to Philippines.
    And now, currently I am at Germany again for another one month trip. I travelled back again to Germany last Jul. 17 [Entry] and planning to stay here until Aug. 19[Planned departure] - so this is now for 34 days. The company would like me to maximize now my 90 days allowable stay, as just some days ago we have learned about the 90-day/180 days rule. In which I am only allowed to stay upto a maximum of 90 days only for a span of 180 days.

Now, I am really going crazy as I am thinking now on that 90 days allowable stay per 180 days IF they will also count my FIRST TRAVEL using my FIRST VISA (which is valid for 30 days). This is now driving my crazy, as if this will be included I have already exceeded the 90 days in 180 days span. Which means I am already overstaying if I my assumption is correct.

Please find the summary that I made for easier understanding:

If my 1st travel using my first visa (with 30 days validity) will not be taken into consideration, here's the calculation:
    2nd travel [Apr. 10 to May 7] - 28 days
    3rd travel [Jun. 12 to Jul. 9] - 28 days
    4th travel [Jul. 17 to Aug. 19] - 34 days (still on-going)
    TOTAL = 90 days
    --> So in summary, I am still OK if this will be the calculation.

But, if my 1st travel will be considered also on the calculation (although I used another visa using this travel):
    1st travel [Feb. 21 to Mar. 19] - 28 days
    2nd travel [Apr. 10 to May 7] - 28 days
    3rd travel [Jun. 12 to Jul. 9] - 28 days
    4th travel [Jul. 17 to Aug. 19] - 34 days (still on-going) - as of today (Jul. 31, I now have 99 days which is over 90 days also)
    TOTAL = 118 days!!

Can someone explain to me which calculation will be correct? I hope my first travel using a 30-day Schengen visa will not be taken into account.
    Thanks in advance.

Regards,

francoisePH

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X