Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fanesy42
    replied
    For visa issues, it is best to consult an experienced lawyer. I moved to Portugal but had no such problems because my husband and I had Portuguese citizenship. I think it will be easier for you to get a tourist visa for your husband and then deal with family reunification. How long do you plan to stay in Portugal? For your convenience, I recommend renting a car to get around the country as you'll need to travel a lot to solve your legal issues. Since you might not have a permanent job and income for some time, you can choose a cheaper rental option. Auto Jardim Company allows you to compare prices and choose the best car rental company.
    Last edited by Fanesy42; 07-08-2022, 09:50 AM.

Leave a comment:

• tmy118
    started a topic Portugal visa scenario advice

Portugal visa scenario advice

Hi,

This sounds complicated, but please try to read I could really use the help.

My husband and I have been married over five years and live apart and want to move to Portugal, I am in USA and he is in Egypt. I am planning on travelling alone and arrive in Portugal in May. From what I understand I have to wait three months for an appointment to get my Resident Visa, I don't know at that time if I can request to do family reunification, which takes three months in itself, so a total of six months at least. Plus my husband needs a work permit.
    My question is would it be possible for my husband to come to Portugal on a tourist visa make an appointment to extend his stay while I put in for the family reunification while he remains in Portugal? This way I am not alone for six months. Does anyone know if this is possible?

Thanks for your time.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X