Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F1 Sevis Terminated, Reinstatment Required, Can Anyone Please Please Help me ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1 Sevis Terminated, Reinstatment Required, Can Anyone Please Please Help me ?

My college has terminated my SEVIS today on the grounds of Unauthorised Employment. They have asked me to either Reinstate my SEVIS with another college or leave the country ASAP. I think I have only 15 days left for reinstatement. The college didn't give me any warning or time for me to explain to them. I did do some unpaid volunteering here n there but I never got paid and there is no record as such. In short, I am made to pay here for something every student does.

Though I am trying if some college can reinstate my SEVIS, WHAT IS THE BEST OPTION FOR ME ? Has anyone gone through this. I have limited time from today.

If anyone can help me on this, I would be highly highly obliged to him for rest of my life.

-Raj

- - - Updated - - -

Can any one please help me ? I am highly depressed, have not eaten anything since morning, suffering from very painful headache. Please help anyone ! - Raj

you should go and talk to your international coordinator at your university. i doubt they would cancel your sevis without any evidence.
    even if you worked unpaid, depending on the type of work you did it is not authorized.

Comment

Thanks Vroni. I did that already but they are bein adamnant

Originally posted by vroni View Post
      you should go and talk to your international coordinator at your university. i doubt they would cancel your sevis without any evidence.
      even if you worked unpaid, depending on the type of work you did it is not authorized.
      I talked to them today. And they have terminated it for sure. They gave me the evidence of my Linked In profile. I had worked for this company in the past in my previous OPT and I didn't update my linked profile after leaving the company. I wanted a CPT from college so that I can rejoin the same company so I gave them an offer letter of the same company. They figured out that the company in offer letter is the same where I had worked earlier and still showing in my linked profile as working there so they established that I was still working there without proper employment authorization and they terminated my SEVIS.

Do you know what should I do now. Please help. I tried few local colleges but not every college wants to take up Reinstatement cases because its a different process for any college to apply for some student's reinstatement application with USCIS. please suggest some ways or college where I can be reinstated ASAP as I don't have time now.

Comment

Originally posted by rajitm View Post
        I talked to them today. And they have terminated it for sure. They gave me the evidence of my Linked In profile. I had worked for this company in the past in my previous OPT.
        did you work for the company (paid or unpaid) after the OPT expired? i doubt they would terminate your SEVIS based on your LinkedIn profile. a more likely scenario is that they contacted the company.

Originally posted by rajitm View Post
        Do you know what should I do now. Please help. I tried few local colleges but not every college wants to take up Reinstatement cases because its a different process for any college to apply for some student's reinstatement application with USCIS. please suggest some ways or college where I can be reinstated ASAP as I don't have time now.
        you seem to be more concerned with staying in the country and working than finishing your degree. if you don't find a college that reinstate you, you will need to go home. your current college would also be able to give you a new I-20 and you could revalidate your status, but it does not sound like they are willing to do that. which leads to the conclusion that you violated your status more severely as you are trying to make us believe.

Comment

Originally posted by vroni View Post
          did you work for the company (paid or unpaid) after the OPT expired? i doubt they would terminate your SEVIS based on your LinkedIn profile. a more likely scenario is that they contacted the company.

you seem to be more concerned with staying in the country and working than finishing your degree. if you don't find a college that reinstate you, you will need to go home. your current college would also be able to give you a new I-20 and you could revalidate your status, but it does not sound like they are willing to do that. which leads to the conclusion that you violated your status more severely as you are trying to make us believe.

No, I didn't work for the company, paid or unpaid after the expiry of OPT. I have enough proof from my bank transactions from different bank account that proves I never got paid from any company after the expiry of my OPT. And you are right that I am more concerned about staying in the country because I know if I can stay only then I can finish up any degree. But you are not right in saying that I am more intersted in working only. Everyone wants to work but not at the cost of playing with law of the land. And believe me please I am not trying to make you believe some other ways. I am telling exactly how it went. If I don't tell you the right thing then you can not suggest me right so why will I do that ?

I contacted a lawyer and he told me that there is no need of going for reinstatement if some college can give me the admission then I will get a new i20 then using that i20 i just have to cross the boarder( Canada or Mexico) and renter the US. Thats what most of the students have been doing every time someone goes out of status or get his sevis terminated. I am not sure how correct he is. So I am trying to look for some college first. If you have some different views or any suggestion, please share that with me. You each input is quite valuable for me. Please help and suggest further. Thanks for all your support.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X