Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Insurance for H4 - Best option to take in my case ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance for H4 - Best option to take in my case ?

Hello,

Its time for my annual nomination where I work currently. I will be getting married in November last week, but dont expect my spouse to join me before April next year.
    In my firm, if I opt for a 1** policy, it is costing me approximately 100$ per month. => Jan to April = 4 months. 100*4 = 400$ will be wasted.
    As per my benefits department she cannot be put on the policy when she comes since the 'life event' has not happened in 2013 (or its more than 30 days since the life event happened).
    In case I choose to leave my spouse out, I can fill in her details only November 2013 and she will be covered from 2014 Jan.

How much would a basic health insurance (dealing with emergencies) cost per month ?
    The spouse is in good health and no health expenditure is foreseen.
    Also note that my parents would be coming in next year along the same time (both diabetics and BP patients).
    I am obviously trying to save as much as I can yet not compromise on the health of my loved ones.

What could I do best in this scenario ?

Cheers,
    This is my opinion. Not a legal advice

What state you are located in?
    Thanks & Regards
    Insubuy
    Toll Free: (866) INSUBUY
    Local: (972) 985-4400
    Fax: (972) 767-4470

Comment

Originally posted by insubuy View Post
      What state you are located in?
      Alabama

Also,
      >> it is costing me approximately 100$ per month.
      I meant, costing me approx 100 extra (apart from my expenses)

Comment

If it costs you only $100 extra to your add wife, that is very good deal. Your employer must be paying most of the premium and you are paying a very small portion of that. It would be the best to get on to that plan as soon as possible, and not worry about $400. You can't get anything better than that.

However, if that is not an option for you, you can consider purchasing Patriot America Insurance, available at https://www.insubuy.com/patriot-america-insurance/ It will not cover any pre-existing conditions, preventive check ups, maternity or birth control.

I hope that answers your questions.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to post them here or contact us at any time.
        Thanks & Regards
        Insubuy

Comment

If it costs you only $100 extra to your add wife, that is very good deal. Your employer must be paying most of the premium and you are paying a very small portion of that. It would be the best to get on to that plan as soon as possible, and not worry about $400. You can't get anything better than that.

However, if that is not an option for you, you can consider purchasing Patriot America Insurance, available at https://www.insubuy.com/patriot-america-insurance/ It will not cover any pre-existing conditions, preventive check ups, maternity or birth control.

I hope that answers your questions.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to post them here or contact us at any time.
          Thanks for your quick reply, Insubuy.
          My bad, its 100 per pay cycle. That means 200 per month. For 4 months, that would total up to $800 will of useless expenditure.
          I checked out that website and am looking at the rates in https://www.insubuy.com/patriot-amer...tor-insurance/. It looks like about 62$ per month for 100,000 coverage with 250 annual deductible. That seems to be even cheaper than the coverage (AETNA) that my employer provides right now. Am I missing something ?

Comment

Even then, it is a good deal.

Patriot America is not meant for the people who qualify for Aetna (Disregarding the cost). Patriot America has a policy maximum, does not cover pre-existing conditions, preventive check ups, maternity, birth control etc. Patriot America is only meant for people who don't qualify for regular domestic health insurance.
            Thanks & Regards
            Insubuy

Comment

Even then, it is a good deal.

Patriot America is not meant for the people who qualify for Aetna (Disregarding the cost). Patriot America has a policy maximum, does not cover pre-existing conditions, preventive check ups, maternity, birth control etc. Patriot America is only meant for people who don't qualify for regular domestic health insurance.
              Although as stated before, I would have brought her on to my employers insurance coverage from Jan 2014 and all this inquiry is only meant to find a stop gap for 8 months in 2013. She does not have any pre-existing conditions, wouldn't need any preventive check ups and wouldn't expect to become a mother before 2014. God forbid, I think not a lot can go wrong in 8 months. Would you still recommend me going for my employers insurance coverage ?
              I completely understand and appreciate that you being the seller of the insurance are recommending me to my employer, holds tremendous value for me and I will blindly go with what you say since I have no knowledge on these things.

Also, what would you suggest when my parents (both BP and Diabetic patients) visit America ?

Thank you so much for your expert opinion so far. I sincerely appreciate.

Cheers,

Comment

We take pride in giving the right advice to potential clients that is in their best interest, even if that means no business to us. Thank you for your confidence. However, you should always look into the details of the plan you are purchasing in the brochure so that you can make an educated decision about what exactly you are buying.

Your Wife:
                The basic rule is that, if you are eligible for domestic health insurance such as Aetna, you need to go for that first. If not, you can buy something like Patriot America. When she arrives in the U.S. in April 2013, and she finds that she is not eligible to enroll in your employer's plan, it is fine to buy Patriot America until she is eligible in January 2014.

Anything can go wrong unexpectedly at any time and that is what the insurance is for.

Your Parents:
                Please let me know how old they are, when they are coming to the US and for how long they are planning to stay and whether you plan to buy $50,000 or higher poilcy maximum (we recommend higher, if available, based on age)?
                Thanks & Regards
                Insubuy

Comment

We take pride in giving the right advice to potential clients that is in their best interest, even if that means no business to us. Thank you for your confidence. However, you should always look into the details of the plan you are purchasing in the brochure so that you can make an educated decision about what exactly you are buying.

Your Wife:
                  The basic rule is that, if you are eligible for domestic health insurance such as Aetna, you need to go for that first. If not, you can buy something like Patriot America. When she arrives in the U.S. in April 2013, and she finds that she is not eligible to enroll in your employer's plan, it is fine to buy Patriot America until she is eligible in January 2014.

Anything can go wrong unexpectedly at any time and that is what the insurance is for.

Your Parents:
                  Please let me know how old they are, when they are coming to the US and for how long they are planning to stay and whether you plan to buy $50,000 or higher poilcy maximum (we recommend higher, if available, based on age)?
                  Thanks again

My parents are 58 and 55.Depending on when they want to travel, at the max they would be 59 and 56 when they come to the US. They would stay for 6 months. Tour the US for sometime. Stay with me for sometime. Both of them are in good health and are on prescribed medication for their BP and Diabetes. Is there a floater like thing available for the both of them ? Or a coverage of 50k $ per head seems to be a good enough amount.

Comment

For persons of the age below 70 years,

Atlas America covers up to $50,000 in acute onset of pre-existing conditions: https://www.insubuy.com/atlasamerica-insurance/

Liaison Continent covers up anywhere from $50,000 to $100,000 in acute onset of pre-existing conditions, based on the overall policy maximum chosen: https://www.insubuy.com/safe-travels...ive-insurance/
                    Thanks & Regards
                    Insubuy

Comment

Thank you very much for all your help, Insubuy.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X