Disclaimer: We take no responsibility for accuracy of information provided. Please use at your own risk. Do not post anything you don't want publicly visible.

Track greencard/visa apps
Immihelp Tracker
Help Others
Share Experiences
Instant Quotes & Purchase
Visitor Medical Insurance
Travel Companion
Download Mobile Apps:   iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch App    Android App

Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1

    Default Spelling mismatch on my birth certificate and mother's passport for GC (I-130) filing

    Mother visited US 4 times in the past. New visitor visa (old one expired after 10 years) denied twice. I am naturalized citizen through EB2 greencard. I am thinking of filing for mother's GC, just so I can have her visit my family in US.
    Here is the rub: Mother's first name (spelling) on my birth certificate and doesn't match with what is on her passport. It is off by one letter (phonetically same word, though). Can I still go ahead and file I-130 using her name as it is spelled in her passport? Does it matter? Or should get a new birth certificate for me with mother's name spelled same as in her passport?
    Thank you!

  2. #2


    You need to get an affidavit prepared.

    Details at http://www.immihelp.com/birth-certificate/
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

    Visa and Greencard Tracker

    Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts