Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Second Masters/old sevis/f1 visa till 2015, Do i need new visa to travel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second Masters/old sevis/f1 visa till 2015, Do i need new visa to travel?

My F1 visa is vaild till 2015, Graduated and finished OPT in january 2013. I wanted to do second masters so transferred my sevis to new school and got i20 for March 2013.
    I have to travel to my home country for something important. I will return to states before march 2013.
    Since my sevis is same on the new i20 and my visa, and have valid got i20. Will i need a new visa again to travel? I have seen friends who had school 1 name on visa but school 2 i20 since they transferred.
    Please advice.
    Thanks you!

My school DSO said it's not a problem.
    here is the link to more info.

We can’t seem to find the page you’re looking for. It might have been removed or renamed. If you’re searching for a person or department, please use the University Directory. […]

Transfer Students Who Travel Outside the U.S.
    If you plan to travel outside the U.S. before classes at the new school starts, you should use the “transfer pending” I-20 from the new school to re-enter the U.S. By entering with the new school’s I-20, it automatically completes the transfer process for you. Transfer students who follow this procedure do NOT need to get a new U.S. visa if your current one is still valid. In other words, though your valid U.S. visa may say the University of Arkansas at Little Rock, you can still enter the U.S. using that valid visa along with the “transfer pending” I-20 from the new school.

This may help someone looking for the same.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X