F1 STEM extension & RFE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1 STEM extension & RFE

I graduated in Dec 2011 and started my OPT in Jan. I was briefly employed but lost my job. I then took up an unpaid volunteer position in my friend’s small company which was just so that I could stay in status. I then found employment again and have been working full time. I applied for my STEM extension, but they’ve asked me for more info., which includes a lot of details about my volunteering position such as detailed accounts of hours worked, projects etc. I don’t know how much of it my friend will be willing to provide as his company is really tiny and he was just doing me a favor.

Based on this, what are my chances of the extension getting denied? My current company will apply for my H1 in April. If I don’t get my extension, what will happen? Is there any other visa my company can apply for so that I can be employed till the H1 kicks in during Oct this year?

Does anyone have any advice? Thank you so much!

Try to provide as much documentation as you can. If extension is denied, there is no other way you can stay and work continuously.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Hello, my F1 OPT extension case status is RFE. its been like this from Jan 23, 2013. I haven't received any notice yet. I do not know what that RFE is as of now.. I volunteered to work for my professor for 20 days before I actually started working full time in a private non e-verified company when my OPT started (Jan 2012). In September I moved to a company which is e-verified as full time.. so any ideas appreciated on possible RFE related to my case.. Thanks !!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X