Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In our final semester, can we register for part-time credit load?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In our final semester, can we register for part-time credit load?

I have finished my classes and I am registered for my thesis credits, so I only have 3 credit registration for this semester. I plan to graduate at the end of this semester. However, if my thesis extends into the next semester then am I allowed to be part-time for that semester too? Basically, I'm trying to see if it is legally ok to be part-time for two semesters with only thesis/research registrtion?

No, that is not okay. Only in the last semester you are allowed to drop below full-time. Moreover, even in that last semester you need to obtain permission from school's DSO before dropping.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by kabkaba View Post
      No, that is not okay. Only in the last semester you are allowed to drop below full-time. Moreover, even in that last semester you need to obtain permission from school's DSO before dropping.

Thanks for your reply! Well, what if my thesis is on-going for more than one semester? Can I continue to register for the thesis course only?

Comment

Discuss this with school's DSO. Get an email response from them for your records.
        This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by kabkaba View Post
          Discuss this with school's DSO. Get an email response from them for your records.
          Well, you were correct, as always

I went to school and met our DSO. I was told that most students do finish research + thesis in one semester. In some cases, it extends to the next semester and then the student need not register for any research credits or any other credits(since the number of credits required for the program have been met) but will need to file for maintenance of matriculation and continue work, if any, on the thesis or wait for acceptance/approval/defence.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X