Help with F1 transfer while on OPT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with F1 transfer while on OPT

I am an international student who graduated in May 2012 from an accredited university in the United States. I am currently on my OPT which started from June 2012 and has been working as a volunteer since September 2012. My volunteer position has now come to an end and I currently does not have any job in hand, even though my current I-20 expires in June 2013 . My OPT period also expires in June 2013. I am also applying to MBA schools for the program beginning in Aug-Sep 2013, but the acceptance is still pending and may take a few months before it is confirmed. What steps can I take to maintain a valid status in the United States in the meantime? Would enrolling in an interim university and obtaining an I-20 from them be sufficient in maintaining a valid status? And once I get an admit from the MBA school of his choice, I can get my admission transferred there. I must also add that the current F-1 visa on my passport expires in July 2013 as well. Is that likely to affect his stay in the country as long as he gets a new I-20 and does not travel outside the country?

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X