I-130/ I-485 appointment after interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-130/ I-485 appointment after interview

I got letter in the mail after 3 months of initial AOS interview, still case status is testing and reviewing,
    that states that Reason for appointment is I-130, What to bring with you, passport, bonafide docemants to present day

Is this a 2nd interview? The notice does not list any details in regards to documentation i should bring like the first interview notice letter started. Nor does it state that "this interview may be video taped". It also does not state if both spouses (petitioner and applicant) should be present.
    Any one got this letter pls help

Yes, this is a second interview. May be the IO not satisfied about your marriage. Your letter stated that it's an I-130 interview then you and your spouse should go to interview.
    Regardless of what they mentioned in the letter take all your documents to show its a real bonafide marriage.
    Once your I-130 is approved then same time they may approve I-485 also.

I am not scaring you but you should mentally prepare, if the IO separate you and your spouse and ask similar questions and compare them. Be ready if that's the case.
    Take your passports (Old and expired), Joint lease, joint bank, Joint tax, joint medical ins, life ins with spouse name as beneficiary (if any), Birth cert (if you have kid together), joint utility bills etc.
    Talk to your spouse, be prepare to be same answer (House location, bedroom, which side you sleep, color of brush, bed, curtens etc, nearest grocery store, laundry (how, where you do), office locations (both works), where they work.
    General question.

Best of Luck.
    if you have any questions let us know.

Comment

I-130/ I-485 appointment after interview

Thank you for replaying i attached the letter here,
      i call the 1800 number today and they didn't tell me much, but they told me if my name not there that mean i shouldn't go?? i am confused now,
      i scheduled info-pass so i can know more about it
      Attached Files

Comment

Hey, better if both of you go. If it's a bonafide marriage then its ok to go both of you.

Even this interview is just to validate the documents, and the IO see both of you for the interview then he may realize that you two are genuine and a positive feed comes to his mind against you. (This just my understanding of immigration system and IO's)

Don't worry, ask your spouse to come with you. ( Why you got to waste your time for info pass, or calling - They not gonna give you the right info, actually they don't no)
        - If the IO ask you where is your spouse, why she didn't accompany you, I need both of you to be here. or he just say we gonna mail you the decision.

You know somany thing now a days happening and its all depends on the IO doing interview.
        Good luck and let us know what happened.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry I didn't realize the letter is from the local USCIS office where you got the interview and directly from the IO.
        I think this is a second interview, you must be well prepare.

Comment

Update

I know this is an old thread but I have the same case. I just received letter with "Reason for Appointment: In regards to your Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative".

Is there any update on this thread?
          I had the same letter for I-130 but i don't know if this is a second interview or there is something wrong with my I-130.

Comment

Originally posted by jjj_1974 View Post
            I know this is an old thread but I have the same case. I just received letter with "Reason for Appointment: In regards to your Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative".

Is there any update on this thread?
            I had the same letter for I-130 but i don't know if this is a second interview or there is something wrong with my I-130.
            Did you call and ask to speak to a level 2 officer?

Comment

Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
              Did you call and ask to speak to a level 2 officer?
              No, I have not called yet. I will try to call what is this for. I'm not sure if this is a second interview or there's something wrong with the I-130 form.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X