Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Revoke I140 with Approved GC

Hello Everyone,

I have few questions regarding revoking I140 after GC approval.

Could the sponsoring employer revoke I140 after GC has been approved? If so, under what circumstances? Could it be revoked even if someone switches job after 6 months of getting the GC?

Any help in this regard would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Eric
    Last edited by ericc; 03-20-2013, 06:17 PM.

Originally posted by ericc View Post
    Hello Everyone,

Could the sponsoring employer revoke I140 after GC has been approved? If so, under what circumstances? Could it be revoked even if someone switches job after 6 months of getting the GC?

Thanks
    Eric
    Would really help if someone could respond to the above query.

Thanks
    Eric

Comment

Hello Everyone,

If by "GC approval" you mean that your adjustment of status is approved and you have your GC in your hands, then no.

It can not be revoked by your employer. With regards to switching jobs, read this post. It is unlikely that you will have problems.

Comment

Originally posted by nicoeppersma View Post
        If by "GC approval" you mean that your adjustment of status is approved and you have your GC in your hands, then no.

It can not be revoked by your employer. With regards to switching jobs, read this post. It is unlikely that you will have problems.
        Thanks nicoeppersma. Yes, by GC approval I meant I have got GC in my hand. I have another question though; would it be possible that sponsoring employer could inform USCIS about my 'intent' of not working with them indefinitely if I switch job in apprx 6 months?

Thanks
        EC

Comment

Hi,

Thanks nicoeppersma. Yes, by GC approval I meant I have got GC in my hand. I have another question though; would it be possible that sponsoring employer could inform USCIS about my 'intent' of not working with them indefinitely if I switch job in apprx 6 months?
          If you have your GC, then there is not much that your employer can do to prevent you from leaving the company.

Anyone who thinks that you have misrepresented your intent can choose to "inform" the USCIS of their suspicions, so your employer could ask USCIS to launch an investigation. If you leave the company after 6 months, it is unlikely that the USCIS will investigate. If they do choose to do so, the USCIS will eventually have to proof to an immigration judge that your intentions were not to stay with your current employer.

Comment

Got GC 2 years ago and all of a sudden received a text saying i140 is to be revoked

Hi,Need some urgent help
            Got GC 2 years ago and all of a sudden received a text saying i140 is to be revoked per your request and was provided just a SR number.I do have the following questions
            1. Am I legal to be here and working in the US
            2. If an I140 is revoked does it means they have to follow it up with 485 and then the green card too
            3. Is it possible to find who requested for revokal as i am being told ( literally after 2 years the filing company would not even ask for revoking the I140 )
            4. Should i be going to a law firm as i dont even know who revoked the green card

Note: So i got the GC in feb 2016 and stayed on with the company till feb 2017 after which i moved into a different company

Any help/suggestion is highly appreciated. Please email if you feel that is better ( [email protected] )

Regards
            amityguy

Comment

Originally posted by amityguy View Post
              Hi,Need some urgent help
              Got GC 2 years ago and all of a sudden received a text saying i140 is to be revoked per your request and was provided just a SR number.I do have the following questions
              1. Am I legal to be here and working in the US
              2. If an I140 is revoked does it means they have to follow it up with 485 and then the green card too
              3. Is it possible to find who requested for revokal as i am being told ( literally after 2 years the filing company would not even ask for revoking the I140 )
              4. Should i be going to a law firm as i dont even know who revoked the green card

Note: So i got the GC in feb 2016 and stayed on with the company till feb 2017 after which i moved into a different company

Any help/suggestion is highly appreciated. Please email if you feel that is better ( [email protected] )

Regards
              amityguy

Any update on this? can they revoke GC after approval?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X