Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H4 visa on hold (asking for h1b Stamping)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 visa on hold (asking for h1b Stamping)

i am on H1 visa got approved last year (OCt-12 to Spt-2015) and then filed for amendment with new client also got approved
    i wife is in Canada on student visa i got married her in canada in last yr.

she already rejected for visitor visa from canada twice.
    she applied for h4 visa and got 221 G - white slip and kept my i797 & marriage Certi, then after 2 days she received email to come again @ embassy., she went and they told her that H1B stamping required for h4 stamping. and returned my doc to her..

i know that they cant force me to get h1b stamping and i think there is no such kind of rule either....
    i am planing to go for stamping in Nov this yr (she told to VO already) but VO asking her to come with me for stamping or asking me to go for h1 stamping 1st and then she can get h4 stamping

Can you please advice what to do????

Originally posted by akpengg View Post
    i am on H1 visa got approved last year (OCt-12 to Spt-2015) and then filed for amendment with new client also got approved
    i wife is in Canada on student visa i got married her in canada in last yr.

she already rejected for visitor visa from canada twice.
    she applied for h4 visa and got 221 G - white slip and kept my i797 & marriage Certi, then after 2 days she received email to come again @ embassy., she went and they told her that H1B stamping required for h4 stamping. and returned my doc to her..

i know that they cant force me to get h1b stamping and i think there is no such kind of rule either....
    i am planing to go for stamping in Nov this yr (she told to VO already) but VO asking her to come with me for stamping or asking me to go for h1 stamping 1st and then she can get h4 stamping

Can you please advice what to do????
    It certainly is odd and strange. there is hardly anything you can do apart from going for the visa interview itself.

This is my opinion not legal advice

Comment

Consulates have been known to do that and especially third country consulates. She should apply from her home country.
      This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
        It certainly is odd and strange. there is hardly anything you can do apart from going for the visa interview itself.

This is my opinion not legal advice
        i know, but that is my last option, can i email them directly because i know there is no such rule and they cant stop my wife like this. if they want any document i am ready to provide them.

Comment

Originally posted by akpengg View Post
          i know, but that is my last option, can i email them directly because i know there is no such rule and they cant stop my wife like this. if they want any document i am ready to provide them.
          Unfortunately there is not such option. Talk to your immigration lawyer.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X