make changes in ds 160 after taking appointment and biometrics done

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• make changes in ds 160 after taking appointment and biometrics done

I am applying for visitor visa for my parents and I had filled in myself as sponsor. I have taken the appointment and also the biometrics has been done. Now I would like to change the form and fill my dad as sponsor as this might increase their chances.
    Can I change the ds 160 and get it updated in the appointment. Will it affect visa chances that I am changing the sponsor at the last moment.
    Please suggest

once the biometrics are done, you cannot make any changes.

Comment

Changes in ds 160 can be done after biometrics..I called ofc explained the situation. I was told to fill in a new application submit it take a prinout and scan them the copy. It will be updated with new ds 160 but hv to carry both forms confirmation to the consulate on date of interview.

Comment

same problem

Im in the same spot. My parents are done with ofc appointment and now I realize that there s mistake ds160.. But to call up the ofc, it's closed now and they have an appointment first thing in the morning. . It would be nice if you can help me asap.

Comment

Biometrics completed - but need to change ds160

Originally posted by Akshata Tapashetti View Post
          Im in the same spot. My parents are done with ofc appointment and now I realize that there s mistake ds160.. But to call up the ofc, it's closed now and they have an appointment first thing in the morning. . It would be nice if you can help me asap.
          Hi,

Can you please update on what happened ? M parents have filled the wrong sponsor information and need to know immediately what they should do. Biometrics has been completed.

Comment

DS 160 correction

Hi All,

My H1b visa interview was scheduled on 5th August 2015.I have already completed my Finger print processes.DS 160there is a typo mistake in present employer salary section . As their any possible to update my DS160 with the correction
            Thanks in advance

Comment

how did you solve it

Originally posted by natashajain View Post
              Hi,

Can you please update on what happened ? M parents have filled the wrong sponsor information and need to know immediately what they should do. Biometrics has been completed.

I did you solve it. I have made the same problem now

Comment

I had a similar issue while renewing my parents visa. After biometrics were done, we noticed that that place of birth was incorrect. Not sure how this mistake happened as I reviewed it multiple times. My guess is that during final review, while filling DS160, I tried to fix a typo for something else and Google chrome Auto fill feature changed the place of birth. Be very careful while using Chrome Autofill, you try change something and it will change something else without your knowledge. Knowing that there's a mistake, it would be wrong not to inform consulate. So I had another DS160 filled and asked my father to take the new confirmation page along with the old one. I prepared them to give finger prints again - just incase if they have to use new application number. At the interview, my father informed the person at the counter that we realized a mistake in the original application form after biometrics and we have a new DS160 application form. The person at the counter was very polite and told my parents not to worry about it and they should be good. The interview lasted less than 2 minutes and they got 10 year visa.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X