Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2 Visa fear

Hi,

I have to apply for my F1 visa for my PhD in Business at T30-T50 university. I and my husband want to go together. So, we will apply F1 & F2 together as a group visa.

We both have B1/B2 visas and have travelled to the US before (Huby 4-5 times in last 2 years for official training)

I have gone there once for presenting my research paper at a conference.

I think F1 should not be an issue because one is it PhD & second my Univ is reputed (T30-T50)

But for husbands f2, we are very concerned. He got his b1 at second attempt.Also since he has visited US 4-5 times for official training, it might sound to VO that he wishes to move there.

Also, since PhD is for 5 years, it is very difficult to explain that he would not work there since he already would have contacts in the US. He is IT industry.

He actually intends to pursue his MS/PhD and will apply in fall 2014 and we will stick by this point. In fact he wrote GRE & TOEFL last year which is a proof that he wishes to study further,

But I am worried that VO can reject saying that now he can visit me on B1/B2 and next year he can get his F1 when he applies.

We wish to go together only. If his F2 gets rejected, I might even drop the idea to go.Although it will be a very difficult decision given that I am reallly excited about PhD.
    Looking forward to replies.

Regards,
    Sonia

Be truthful and genuine in your answers. Prepare your answers in your own words and be confident. That is the key. Nobody can guarantee that you will get it, but confident and genuine manner definitely helps.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X