Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applying for B1 Visa Before Joining the Company

Hi,

I am from India and I have been offered a job in Bahamas ,And my Joining date is on Jan 13 2014. But There is a training planned for me in the company Head quaters which is located in US. My training/KT sessions is planned on Jan 6th to Jan 17th , so My company wants me to apply for B1/B2 visa from my home country (india) , And the will sponsor for my entire trip and Visa costs etc..

Can I able to apply for the B1 vis before joining the Company ,with the Employment letter which they have provided? What are my chances in getting the Visa...

Technically you must have joined before you can start any activity with the company. But that can be taken care of in a new letter from the company.

But the main problem is the visa officer may not grant you a B1 visa because you have no history of work with the company. That is a very important issue
    the officers always ask about; "HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN WITH THE COMPANY?"
    A good history of work with the company makes the officer think you will return . But having just joined he won't be convinced you will return.
    Last edited by peace999; 12-02-2013, 09:57 AM.

Comment

Hey,

I am in same situation. Will you please share your experience? What did you do?

Thanks,

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X