Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Request to submit passport for processing

Hi,

I was requested to submit the passport to VAC. I am trying to find the instructions to submit my passport to VAC.

Did anybody submitted their passport to New York VAC. If so can you please send me the instructions on how to submit the passport.

Thank you,

Originally posted by ARUIDA View Post
    Hi.
    I submitted application for me and for my wife online and received letter to send passports.

We chose to do it at Newyork by courier option.I have two questions,
    1. How do I pay VAC fee (30.59 USD per applicant).
    2. is fedex AWB is not supported for passports to be delivered to home ? Only USPS allowed ?
    3. The consent form possess many declarations which we are not applicable for as we filed application ourselves not through CSC. Could we just ignore those pages and send first two pages ?

Comment

Passport for Canadian Temp visa

Hi All,

I made online application for visit visa for Canada, and have received a letter to submit the passport. My only question is do I need to pay both VAC fees and send a pre-paid airway bill for returning the passport?

OR can I directly send my passport with pre-paid airway bill to Immigration Canada office?

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by ARUIDA View Post
        Hi.
        I submitted application for me and for my wife online and received letter to send passports.

We chose to do it at Newyork by courier option.I have two questions,
        1. How do I pay VAC fee (30.59 USD per applicant).
        2. is fedex AWB is not supported for passports to be delivered to home ? Only USPS allowed ?
        3. The consent form possess many declarations which we are not applicable for as we filed application ourselves not through CSC. Could we just ignore those pages and send first two pages ?
        Here is what I can tell you:
        1. You can make a single cashier's check/money order for $61.18 ($30.59 x 2) and mail to CSC lockbox (in Philadelphia), and mail its copy VAC (NY)
        2. I used USPS, but know FedEx is allowed too (its more expensive through)
        3. It doesn't hurt to send all pages, just sign where it applies.

They have customer care number: 646 741 0130 where you can call and get all your questions answered.

Comment

Timeline for receiving Passport

Originally posted by SunSand&Beach View Post
          Here is what I can tell you:
          1. You can make a single cashier's check/money order for $61.18 ($30.59 x 2) and mail to CSC lockbox (in Philadelphia), and mail its copy VAC (NY)
          2. I used USPS, but know FedEx is allowed too (its more expensive through)
          3. It doesn't hurt to send all pages, just sign where it applies.

They have customer care number: 646 741 0130 where you can call and get all your questions answered.
          Hello,

I got the same request to send the passport (within a day of submission of application). I am curious to know the timeline involved in getting the passport back with the visa. Any help is appreciated !

Regards,
          Jeevan

Comment

VAC fees

Originally posted by sriLe1911 View Post
            Hi,

I was requested to submit the passport to VAC. I am trying to find the instructions to submit my passport to VAC.

Did anybody submitted their passport to New York VAC. If so can you please send me the instructions on how to submit the passport.

Thank you,

Hello Sir,

Did you get a response on how to pay fees and is it applicable for 1 person.
            Kindly share the process for sending passport to LA or NY

Comment

Canada PR Visa - Passport Submission

Hi,

My Canada PR is almost complete, I received a letter from CIC to submit my original passport and CIC has sent another email to send my passport to India VFS office in assumption that I am in India, cause I applied the PR when I was in India, but I'm working in US right now and I cant travel to India now due to US Visa extension process.

I figured out that there 2 VAC offices in US (NY & LA), I called LA-VAC office to check if they are allowing PR Visa transmissions or not, they said they will allow ONLY temporary/Visitor visa applications & Travel related documents but not PR related applications, unless if I have an authorized letter from CIC mentioning to submit my passport to LA-VAC office. since I didn't have that letter, I have posted a query to CIC about my situation and to suggest me for the next steps. But, the standard response time from CIC to any inquiries are 20 working days.

I'm running out of time, as I need to submit my passport with in 30 days of the date of the letter received.

Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

Canada visitor VISA Experience

My experience with Canadian Visitor VISA-

Indian citizen working in US.

April 16 2017: Filled in the online application & uploaded the documents- Received the confirmation
                April 20: Received the request for the original passport
                April 20: Sent my passport to NYC VAC (overnight), return shipping package included and processing fee to Boston.
                April 21: USPS confirms package delivered to NYC VAC
                April 24th: VAC confirms the receipt of my passport
                April 27th: Online account is updated to approved
                April 28th: The tracking number shows: Application Processing Completed - In Transit to the VAC
                May 1st: Application Processing Completed - In Transit to the Applicant from the VAC
                May 2nd 2017: Received my passport back

Hope that gives you the average processing time for the visitor visa application.

Comment

VAC fees

Can you please let me know how much VAC fees did you paid per applicant? thank you.

Originally posted by visatraveler36 View Post

April 16 2017: Filled in the online application & uploaded the documents- Received the confirmation
                  April 20: Sent my passport to NYC VAC (overnight), return shipping package included and processing fee to Boston.
                  April 28th: The tracking number shows: Application Processing Completed - In Transit to the VAC
                  May 1st: Application Processing Completed - In Transit to the Applicant from the VAC

Hope that gives you the average processing time for the visitor visa application.

Comment

Canada visitor visa

May 14 2017: Filled in the online application & uploaded the documents- Received the confirmation
                    May 30: Received the request for the original passport
                    June 1 : Sent my passport to LA VAC , return shipping package included and processing fee to Dallas.
                    June 5: USPS confirms package delivered to LA VAC.
                    june 6: VAC confirms the receipt of my passport.
                    June 9th : Online account is updated to approved
                    June 13th : Received my passport back.

Comment

Originally posted by ksaaah2006 View Post

May 14 2017: Filled in the online application & uploaded the documents- Received the confirmation
                      June 1 : Sent my passport to LA VAC , return shipping package included and processing fee to Dallas.

Did you have to pay BOTH the VAC fees and Visa application fees ? Or just the VAC fees ? The CIC website is really confusing .. Thanks..

Comment

Did you have to pay BOTH the VAC fees and the VISA application fees ? The CIC website is really confusing ... Please let me know since my relatives don't have much time left .. Thank you ..

Comment

Additional docs

What all additional docs did you send with the passport?

Originally posted by visatraveler36 View Post

Comment

My experience with Canadian Visa

• 15th June 2017- Submitted online application for me and my wife.
                            • 15th June 2017 – Confirmation of Online application submission.
                            • 17th June 2017- Confirmation of submission.
                            • 4th July 2017 – I received passport request.
                            • 5th July 2017 – My wife received passport request.
                            • 6th July 2017 – Submitted passport through USPS (Sent both passports in one USPS envelope to NY VAC along with Passport request letter, signed VAC consent form, copy of the Cashier’s Check
                            ( 2 x $31.40 - one for me and one for my wife), a piece of paper with contact information and address and return prepaid USPS envelope) and sent the Cashier’s check to NY VAC
                            Payment lock box.
                            • 10th July 2017- USPS showed that passport was delivered to NY VAC
                            • 11th July 2017- Received an email from NY VAC that application was received.
                            • 11th July 2017- Passport in transit to visa office.
                            • 12th July 2017- Passport received by visa office- under consideration.
                            • 14th July 2017- Application Processing Completed, in transit to VAC.
                            • 17th July 2017- In transit to applicant from VAC.
                            • 17th July 2017- Status update from USPS late in the night – Arrived at sorting facility.
                            • 19th July 2017- Received our passports. 10 year Multiple Entry visa.

Comment

Both the fees- you pay VISA fee online during application, VAC fee when you actually send your passport

Originally posted by MikeSugarland View Post
                              Did you have to pay BOTH the VAC fees and Visa application fees ? Or just the VAC fees ? The CIC website is really confusing .. Thanks..

Comment

$36.95 for my application. Not sure how the family pricing works

Can you please let me know how much VAC fees did you paid per applicant? thank you.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X