Canada Visitor Visa - Passport Submission

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TIMEFRAME of my CANADA VISITOR VISA APPLICATION

Filipino citizen working in US with H1B VISA.

Feb .11, 2018 ? Filled in the online application & uploaded the documents
    Feb. 16, 2018 ? Received the request for the original passport
    Feb. 21, 2018 ? Sent my passport to LA VAC (overnight), return shipping package included and processing fee to Texas.
    Feb, 27, 2018 ? Online account updated to approved.
    March 5, 2018 ? Received my passport back

Payments:
    PM EXP 2 DAY (ND->CA) = 24.70
    MONEY ORDER = 32.27
    M.O. USPS Fee = 1.20
    STAMPS = 6.70
    PM 2 DAY (TX -> ND) = 6.70
    Visa Fee (100 CD) = 79.65

Comment

My recent experience - timeline

Indian Citizen on H1B.

March 16, 2018 - Submitted the application Online
      March 24, 2018 - Received a notification to submit Original Passport.

1st Package with the following sent to Dallas Lock Box:

Cashiers Check for $32.27
      Copy of the Original Passport request letter

March 27, 2018 - sent via USPS Priority Mail - costed me $6.70
      March 29, 2018 - delivered to the Dallas Lockbox

2nd Package with the following sent to VAC- Los Angeles (USPS Priority Mail):

Original Passport request Letter
      Passport
      Copy of the Cashiers Check
      Self addressed empty Prepaid USPS Priority Mail (from VAC Los Angeles to my home- costed me $6.70)

March 30, 2018 - Delivered to VAC - Los Angeles

March 30, 2018 - Got email from VAC Los Angeles with tracking number
      March 30, 2018 - VAC tracker online status - In Transit to the Visa Office
      April 2, 2018 - VAC tracker online status - Application under consideration at Visa Office
      April 3, 2018 - status updated on CIC.GC.CA website - Approved
      April 4, 2018 - VAC Tracker online status - Application processing complete- In Transit to VAC
      April 5, 2018 - VAC Tracker Online status - Application Processing Completed - In Transit to the Applicant from the VAC

April 5, 2018 - USPS Priority Tracking - 10:23 PM - Arrived at LOS ANGELES CA DISTRIBUTION CENTER
      April 7, 2018 - Got passport delivered at home

Got 10 Years Visitor Visa stamped
      Last edited by guest_user1; 04-10-2018, 10:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by guest_user1 View Post
        Indian Citizen on H1B.

Passport
        Self addressed empty Prepaid USPS Priority Mail (from VAC Los Angeles to my home- costed me $6.70)

April 2, 2018 - VAC tracker online status - Application under consideration at Visa Office
        April 4, 2018 - VAC Tracker online status - Application processing complete- In Transit to VAC
        April 5, 2018 - VAC Tracker Online status - Application Processing Completed - In Transit to the Applicant from the VAC

April 5, 2018 - USPS Priority Tracking - 10:23 PM - Arrived at LOS ANGELES CA DISTRIBUTION CENTER

You didn't sent signed consent forms. I posted my package without them following your post. Hope i didn't mess up with my passport.

Comment

What is the accurate VAC fees?

Hi, I am confused about what the money amount should be. I will be using the Los Angeles center and their page (http://www.csc-cvac.com/en-US/selfse...pplicable_fees) says the fees should be US $37.89.

However, I see others posting other amounts around $32+

Has the fees been changed or am I reading the wrong information. I appreciate the help.

Comment

Timeframe on applying Canada visa from CSC New York

Indian citizen on L1 visa

I didn't use the online system but submitted all my documents and passport in one go at the CSC at New York office.

Apr 6th - Walked into the CSC office and submitted documents, forms, photos and passports in one go
            Apr 9th - Consulate received my documents and was under consideration
            Apr 11th - Decision was made and passport was sent back to CSC
            Apr 13th - Collected spouse and my passport with visa stamped for 10 years validity

I paid about $82 in total to CSC which included them checking our forms, documents, taking photos etc.

Apart from that I paid $100 CAD x 2 for Canada visit visa charges

If you live close by I'd suggest you take a trip to NY and submit your documents and details in one go. Its simple and much quicker rather than waiting for online application to be processed.

I also want to mention after submitting your paper documents to CSC you can link your paper submission to your online account (canada.ca website) and track the progress and receive updates.

Comment

Originally posted by GammaRaze View Post
              Hi, I am confused about what the money amount should be. I will be using the Los Angeles center and their page (http://www.csc-cvac.com/en-US/selfse...pplicable_fees) says the fees should be US $37.89.

However, I see others posting other amounts around $32+

Has the fees been changed or am I reading the wrong information. I appreciate the help.
              Packet 1 send to Dallas Lock box includes
              You simple need to sent $32.27 money order or cashiers check

Packet 2 sent to VAC LA includes

Passport
              VAC signed Conset form 2 copies
              Personal information (email, ph and address)
              Prepaid Return label envelope or packet with tracking label

Comment

Originally posted by kool_buddi View Post
                You didn't sent signed consent forms. I posted my package without them following your post. Hope i didn't mess up with my passport.
                Were you able to get the stamped passports without the consent forms?

Comment

Question

I have a question with regards to my application.
                  I sent an online application for visitors visa last May 28, 2018 but my concern is, is it ok that I put My married name on the application but on my passport name it was still on my maiden name but all of my supporting documents i uploaded were under my married name :drivers license, work permit and advance parole( pending greencard application) etc. Hope to hear any advice from someone. Thank you so much. Godbless

Comment

Envelope size to send passport to New York for try

Hi all,
                    I received an email update to send my passport to LA or NY for my try visa. I am not sure of the size of the envelopes that need to be submitted to NY office with the return label. Can someone please suggest in regards to this. Size of the envelope that needs to send to NY office and size of the included envelope to get back the passport.

Comment

Sending to Ottawa

Originally posted by unknown12345 View Post
                      Hi all,
                      I received an email update to send my passport to LA or NY for my try visa. I am not sure of the size of the envelopes that need to be submitted to NY office with the return label. Can someone please suggest in regards to this. Size of the envelope that needs to send to NY office and size of the included envelope to get back the passport.
                      Hi

Got a letter to submit passport for Canada Transit visa

Just checking if any one has sent passports directly to Ottawa office from USA instead of going route of VAC

Its listed as 1st option

Option 1:

Submit your passport by courier to the Case Processing Centre (CPC) in Ottawa, Ontario

To submit by courier, you must include:

your passport;
                      a copy of the request letter;
                      full contact information, including email, phone number, and full return address;
                      a completed pre-paid FedEx online shipping label for the return of your passport to you (follow instructions here); and
                      a completed commercial invoice in order to allow parcels to pass through customs authorities (this will be produced as part of the FedEx online shipping label).
                      Failure to meet the above requirements will result in a delay in processing your application.

Please submit Passports along with all supporting documents by courier to:

Temporary Resident Visa Section
                      Case Processing Centre - Ottawa (e-Application)
                      365 Laurier Avenue West
                      Ottawa, Ontario
                      K1A 1L1

Comment

Awesome details....

Thanks for amazing info.

Just few questions

First, what documents did you send along with passport and letter. As VAC site ask for the same documents that I submitted online at CIC website, VAC Consent form, document checklist etc .

Second on VAC site it show two payments VAC service charge i.e. $37.89 & Passport delivery / e-Application which is what you mentioned $32.27. Did you pay VAC service charge ?

Originally posted by guest_user1 View Post
                        Indian Citizen on H1B.

Passport

Last edited by akashkhudia; 09-12-2018, 01:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by akashkhudia View Post
                          Thanks for amazing info.

Just few questions

First, what documents did you send along with passport and letter. As VAC site ask for the same documents that I submitted online at CIC website, VAC Consent form, document checklist etc .

Second on VAC site it show two payments VAC service charge i.e. $37.89 & Passport delivery / e-Application which is what you mentioned $32.27. Did you pay VAC service charge ?
                          I submitted an application for me and my wife on Feb 21st and paid 200CAD ( Visa fee) + 170 CAD (Bio Metric fee). I have read this forum and being on an Indian passport with H1-b the website told me that I will be required to give Biometrics. I live in San Francisco, and don't understand when and where will I have to go and give the fingerprints etc. Has anyone gone through this process? Is this Biometric thing new?

Comment

Originally posted by keyon View Post
                            I submitted an application for me and my wife on Feb 21st and paid 200CAD ( Visa fee) + 170 CAD (Bio Metric fee). I have read this forum and being on an Indian passport with H1-b the website told me that I will be required to give Biometrics. I live in San Francisco, and don't understand when and where will I have to go and give the fingerprints etc. Has anyone gone through this process? Is this Biometric thing new?
                            You may see the places where you can go and give your biometrics here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...biometrics.asp

This link was also included in your "Biometric Instruction Letter"

Comment

Originally posted by keyon View Post
                              Yes. It is new from this year. You can find your nearest USCIS ASC where biometrics for CAN visa can be submitted. locations are available in canada.ca website

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X