Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

30 days.. but you can check.

Comment

Power Of Attorney (POA) attestation in Indian Embassy, New York- document laungaue

Thank you for detailed post. I did not find one information. Does POA document have any language restriction? As I am dealing with matter which is in rural Maharashtra and local official preferred document is Marathi.
      Is that works, or POA documents need to be in English or Hindi only?
      Thank you,
      Rahul

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you for detailed post. I did not find one information. Does POA document have any language restriction? As I am dealing with matter which is in rural Maharashtra and local official preferred document is Marathi.
      Thank you,
      Rahul

Comment

what does 30 day validity of POA attestation mean? Does it mean that POA is only valid for 30 days ? Or does it mean that POA has to be filed with some court or regulatory body in India within 30 days?

Comment

POA by post for OCI card holder

Originally posted by amollg View Post
          Hi All,

I wanted to know if I can get the POA via courier or it is mandatory to be present at embassy? I am staying in Ohio state. Do I need to go NY consulate for POA? Please confirm.

Thanks,
          Amol.
          Hi Anmol
          I now have OCI card and need to do the POA for my dad a general POA..can u tell me how u did this process thro MAIL in new york consultte and what u had to enclose such as documents..i know i have to first get is Apostilled..pls advise..thkjs

Comment

POA Language

Originally posted by sagarerahul View Post
            Thank you,
            Rahul

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you,
            Rahul
            Hi Rahul,

It depends on power of attorney declaration types. So usually it is available in both languages english and marathi.

Comment

I just received my POA today from NY consulate. This thread helped me so hoping to return the favor.

The process is pretty easy. Although the consulate website says you require 2 witness signatures, I didn't have it nor they did ask for it. So I don't think you need it.

Just make sure you have the originals and copies of everything. And if you don't have a copy, they have a free copier machine in the room. They also have a glue stick.

I got there by 9.45 and there were 20 people ahead of me. So make sure you get there early if you can.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X