Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice for Healthcare Reform Plans

Hello,

I am currently an unemployed Registered Nurse and currently facing a tough situation with choosing an affordable health plan from the Obamacare program.

My issue: On the market place website, for the income section, it asks my estimated earnings for 2014 but I am no longer working at the prior hospital I was at and there is no taxable income for me to report until I land a new job but it has been tough since I worked in a specific area of medicine. When I put "0" it does not do me any good because I need taxable income to qualify for a tax credit toward the premium. Should I just temporarily hold out on insurance until I find a new job which hopefully will be within 4 months?

Thanks!

For any questions related to Obamacare, please call them directly and they would be able to give you proper guidance.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Originally posted by solielrn View Post
      Hello,

I am currently an unemployed Registered Nurse and currently facing a tough situation with choosing an affordable health plan from the Obamacare program.

My issue: On the market place website, for the income section, it asks my estimated earnings for 2014 but I am no longer working at the prior hospital I was at and there is no taxable income for me to report until I land a new job but it has been tough since I worked in a specific area of medicine. When I put "0" it does not do me any good because I need taxable income to qualify for a tax credit toward the premium. Should I just temporarily hold out on insurance until I find a new job which hopefully will be within 4 months?

Thanks!
      do you recieved unemployment benefits? if so then you have taxable income. would not recommend holding off until you find a new job
      This is strictly an opinion and should not be misconstrued as legal advice. The use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

-Krypton9591

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X