X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Citizenship Tracker

We have launched immigration and visa tracker at www.immihelp.com/tracker

You can track your citizenship tracker at www.immihelp.com/tracker

Everyone is encouraged to make use of it.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Tracker very helpful for Greencard

All,

When I got my greencard 5 years ago, the tracker was very helpful in predicting the dates for my case. I am hoping people will enter data this time for the Citizenship too. Yes, I did enter my details.

Pete

Comment

Unable to add entries to Citizenship tracker

I want to add my citizenship details for the tracker. However, I have been trying on and off for the past few weeks, whenever I click "Add" it doesn't seem to display the screen. But it works fine when I try to add the greencard tracker.

Any issues?

Comment

I just tried and it seems to be working fine.

Try again.

If you are still having problems, please post here.
        Immihelp Support
        No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Citizenship Interview after Greed Card Expried

I have my citizenship interview scheduled on coming up May. But my greed card just expired on last December. Will it affected my Citizenship interview?

Comment

Filing for Citizenship

I just joined and I dont know how to go about posting so forgive me if i posted on the wrong place. Here is my issue:

I am a permanent resident who got my Permanent residency via marriage to a US Citizen. I have held my green card for 3 years thus should be eligible to apply for citizenship.
            However, during the last 14 months or so my husband and I got separated and lived apart even though we DID NOT GET A DIVORCE. Early this year my estranged husband passed away. Can I apply for naturalization based on my 3 years or does the separation disqulify me? I mean if we didnt get a divorce how can they prove we didnt live together for the last couple of months?

Any ideas will help.

Sandra

Comment

Originally posted by Sandrakk
              I just joined and I dont know how to go about posting so forgive me if i posted on the wrong place. Here is my issue:

I am a permanent resident who got my Permanent residency via marriage to a US Citizen. I have held my green card for 3 years thus should be eligible to apply for citizenship.
              However, during the last 14 months or so my husband and I got separated and lived apart even though we DID NOT GET A DIVORCE. Early this year my estranged husband passed away. Can I apply for naturalization based on my 3 years or does the separation disqulify me? I mean if we didnt get a divorce how can they prove we didnt live together for the last couple of months?

Any ideas will help.

Sandra

It requires you be living together to file after 3 years of marriage. You can risk filling and stating you were living together but incase they find out otherwise, which is a rare case, then you will risk loosing your green card for Lying to an Immigration officer.

Alternatively, wait and file after 2 more years. which will come before you know it and thats all you really need to file!

Its your Call

Good luck!
              Disclaimer:Not legal advise! Use at your own risk.
              N-400 Timeline San Antonio Office
              06/07/2009 - Sent Application
              06/10/2009 - Delivered.
              06/12/2009 - Check Cashed
              06/19/2009 - Rec NOA
              06/22/2009 - Rec Biometrics Appt Letter
              07/02/2009 - Biometrics Appt
              07/13/2009 - Rec Interview Letter Appt
              08/24/2009 - Interview Date
              10/13/2009 - Rec Oath Appt Letter
              10/22/2009 - Oath Ceremony
              10/26/2009- Passport App
              11/06/2009- Passport Received

Comment

Citizenship interview with losing green card and passport

Originally posted by cissy
                I have my citizenship interview scheduled on coming up May. But my greed card just expired on last December. Will it affected my Citizenship interview?
                My situation is worse than Cissy. I lost my passport and green card after the finger print process and my interview date is April 11th. I asked the staff who works in that finger print process, and she told me I don't even need my passport and green card for my interview, just need to explain. However, I'm still not sure if it will affects my citizenship interview or not. Can anyone tell me? I appreciate it.

Comment

lost passport/greencard

The interview notice letter definetly asks you to bring in your Passport and the Green Card. I would strongly suggest that you file a police complaint documenting the loss of your passport/gc and take the police department receipt to the interview.

I also recommend that you intiate the process of getting a new GC/passport so that you show goodfaith effort.

I also recommend that you consult an attorney in this matter

Hope this helps

Comment

citizenship

i had the citizenship interview n june 6 n florida,if anybody knew abt someone who had their oath recently,who had the intervew n the month of june.if so plz let me know

Comment

Oath Ceremony-Vermont Center

I have passed my interview July 14. When should I receive the letter for the Oath Ceremony?
                      Thanks

Comment

My ceremony too soon

I had my interview last August 20th . she told me I have to wait 4 or 6 months to receive the appoiment for my ceremony. but you know what>>>??? I received today the appoiment to Sept 19 I am so happy. good luck.
                        Lily

Comment

Became US citizen on 10/22/2008

Hi all
                          i have been reading the forum on and off for a while so thought of sharing my experience with u all

Application mailed to USCIS - 06/22/08
                          Application received by USCIS - 06/24/2008
                          Priority date - 06/24/2008
                          Notice date - 07/02/2008
                          Fingerprint notice date- 07/08/2008
                          Fingerprint Appt Date: 07/31/2008
                          Interview Date: 10/22/2008

on 22nd, My Interview was for just 10 minutes. he asked few GK questions and asked me to wait outside to be called again. and my Oath cermony was scheduled at 2:00 PM

Overall, i went in at 8:00 AM and came out at 2:15 PM with citizenship certificate.
                          i'm not sure if it is common with all or i was lucky...but felt like sharing with you all

regards

Comment

criminal record

Hi guys!

my name is vinay.
                            Recently I was involved in the fighting case with a person. I expressed my guilt in front of the police.
                            but not arrested.because, the person who put up the case, he and me compromised and withdrawed the case.
                            does the problem cause my citizenship procedure
                            delayed or denied?
                            if its not what kind of questions i can expect for homeland security? and what are the suitable answers for them?
                            pls help me if any one had the similar situation.

Thank you .......
                            vinay

Comment

I am curious

Originally posted by vgm6470
                              Hi all
                              i have been reading the forum on and off for a while so thought of sharing my experience with u all

Application mailed to USCIS - 06/22/08
                              Application received by USCIS - 06/24/2008
                              Priority date - 06/24/2008
                              Notice date - 07/02/2008
                              Fingerprint notice date- 07/08/2008
                              Fingerprint Appt Date: 07/31/2008
                              Interview Date: 10/22/2008

on 22nd, My Interview was for just 10 minutes. he asked few GK questions and asked me to wait outside to be called again. and my Oath cermony was scheduled at 2:00 PM

Overall, i went in at 8:00 AM and came out at 2:15 PM with citizenship certificate.
                              i'm not sure if it is common with all or i was lucky...but felt like sharing with you all

regards
                              VGM, could you give a tip for the interview? what they ask, did you had English test?
                              I am going to apply for US Citizen in September, I want to know how long I need to study for the test.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X