Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TCS wants my Tax return checks

Hi,
    I left Tata consultancy Services last year from california and now I wanted W2 form from them.
    The are saying to sign tax refund check in their name and then only they will give W2.But I asked a tax consultant he saoid I can file returns on basis of my pay slips.
    Now problem is I have refund checks on my name from year 2003-2004 and want to deposit in my account but TCS says they can sue me beacuse I was on allowance in TCS not on normal payroll.They want me to give them checks back signed so they can deposit in their name.
    Isn't it my right to have my tax return in my bank even if I was on allowance in TCS?
    What is the difeerence between allowance and payroll?
    Can anyone help !

Is this practice not illegal from Fed's pespective?

I am also in a similar situation, only difference is they have shared the W-2 form. And the company is an american MNC of international reputation and respect. In my case, they expect me to sign all the papers and they would take the tax return. When I argued they said "No you should not expect the return as YYYY Company paid the tax on your behalf, so naturally YYYY would take the tax back". Is it not illegal to make that statement and a bad financial practice? Because, the company is showing the whole amount as my salary to Federal Govt and internally they expect me to treat it differently. I think if we raise this issue to Fed Govt, the company would surely be in trouble for corrupt corporate practices.

Comment

Originally posted by satya_paul View Post
      I am also in a similar situation, only difference is they have shared the W-2 form. And the company is an american MNC of international reputation and respect. In my case, they expect me to sign all the papers and they would take the tax return. When I argued they said "No you should not expect the return as YYYY Company paid the tax on your behalf, so naturally YYYY would take the tax back". Is it not illegal to make that statement and a bad financial practice? Because, the company is showing the whole amount as my salary to Federal Govt and internally they expect me to treat it differently. I think if we raise this issue to Fed Govt, the company would surely be in trouble for corrupt corporate practices.
      This practice sounds illegal and should be reported to the IRS. Employers are required to provide a W-2 to their employers. Employers are also required to withhold money from your paycheck to pay your income tax. This was your money all along, not their money. You are entitled to your refund, if you are owed one by the IRS. Your employer has no claim to this money, as it was yours to begin with.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Pop Alexandra
      Did anyone make progress on this. I anticipate that I will have the same issue in the near future.
      The company in question was fined $30 million dollars for the practice of making their employees sign over their tax refunds!! That was totally illegal. The scumbags should have been put in prison. Justice was served in this case.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by satya_paul View Post
      Yes, this is illegal. The company mentioned in the original posters post was fined $30 million dollars for the exact same thing.
      2019/02/27 PD
      2019/03/09 Received Receipts
      2019/03/15 Received Biometrics Appt.
      2019/03/26 Biometrics Appt.
      2019-04-01 Case ready to to be scheduled for interview
      2019-04-22 Interview Notice received via USPS
      2019-05-20 Interview: Approved after 82 days.
      2019-05-21 Card in production
      2019-05-23 Update that USPS picked up the card
      2019-05-24 I-130 and I-485 Approval Letters received via USPS.
      2019-05-29 Green Card Received

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X