No announcement yet.

adjustment of status process

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok, just to make this straight.. i came here using k1 visa and i'm already married (just last oct. 17 ).. we now got our marriage certificate.

the forms that i have to send to USCIS are I-485, I-765 and I-131 and the supporting documents.. nothing else, is that correct? no need for I-130?

how about forms I-864 (Affidavit of Support) and I-751 (Remove Conditions on a Green Card through Marriage)? do we need those?

thanks!

cessa

Originally posted by rayb View Post
    Right, $1,070 for the I-485 and supporting documents, including I-765 and I-131.

But there must also be an I-130 already submitted or being submitted at the same time (unless a k1 entrant), and that procedure's fee is $420.

--Ray B

Comment

Cessa,

Add I-864 (with supporting documents), plus supporting documents for the I-485, I-765 and I-131, along with fee payment of $1,070.

The I-130 is not needed for a K1 Adjustment of Status.

The I-751 is not needed for 2 years, from issue date of Green Card (if a 2-year Green Card).

--Ray B

Originally posted by cessa View Post
      ok, just to make this straight.. i came here using k1 visa and i'm already married (just last oct. 17 ).. we now got our marriage certificate.

the forms that i have to send to USCIS are I-485, I-765 and I-131 and the supporting documents.. nothing else, is that correct? no need for I-130?

how about forms I-864 (Affidavit of Support) and I-751 (Remove Conditions on a Green Card through Marriage)? do we need those?

thanks!

cessa

Comment

Another Question please...

When I submitted my from i-485 , I didn't include affidavit of support, what's the implication of that? Can u help with the answer??? Thanks, and God bless u

Comment

You will get a Request for Evidence (RFE) for sponsorship proof, and all processing of your Adjustment will stop until you provide the I-864 and supporting documents.

--Ray B

Originally posted by lexlugga View Post
          When I submitted my from i-485 , I didn't include affidavit of support, what's the implication of that? Can u help with the answer??? Thanks, and God bless u

Comment

adjustment of status process

They are going to mail you a request for if evidence RFE

Comment

thanks a lot Ray B.

One last thing before we send everything to USCIS. Our marriage certificate includes my complete name (first name, middle name, last name) because I presented my passport. However, my husband's name includes first name, MIDDLE INITIAL and his last name because he presented his driver's license. Would that matter since he doesn't have his complete name in our marriage certificate?

I called USCIS and they're not helpful at all. We went back to the office where we got our marriage certificate and they said that it's alright because he's the same person with middle name or middle initial. Should we include a copy of his driver's license when we send the forms to USCIS?

thanks!

cessa

Cessa,

Add I-864 (with supporting documents), plus supporting documents for the I-485, I-765 and I-131, along with fee payment of $1,070.

The I-130 is not needed for a K1 Adjustment of Status.

The I-751 is not needed for 2 years, from issue date of Green Card (if a 2-year Green Card).

--Ray B

Comment

The middle initial issue is not a problem with USCIS when you submit paperwork.

--Ray B

thanks a lot Ray B.

One last thing before we send everything to USCIS. Our marriage certificate includes my complete name (first name, middle name, last name) because I presented my passport. However, my husband's name includes first name, MIDDLE INITIAL and his last name because he presented his driver's license. Would that matter since he doesn't have his complete name in our marriage certificate?

I called USCIS and they're not helpful at all. We went back to the office where we got our marriage certificate and they said that it's alright because he's the same person with middle name or middle initial. Should we include a copy of his driver's license when we send the forms to USCIS?

thanks!

cessa

Comment

Got it..

So we can send everything at the same time and wait for an update. How long do you think we have to wait for an update to each form?

I am looking at applying for a job maybe before the end of this year and hopefully i could get an approval on forms i-131 and i-765 as soon as possible.

thanks a lot, Ray B. you're really a big help.

--Ray B

Comment

And one more important thing. Since we got married, should I use my married name in all the forms or still my maiden name as it appears on my passport?

I'm talking about all the forms that I have to submit.

Thanks!

Cessa

--Ray B

Comment

Use your married name on all your submitted forms, and show your maiden (prior) name when "all other names used" is requested.

--Ray B

And one more important thing. Since we got married, should I use my married name in all the forms or still my maiden name as it appears on my passport?

I'm talking about all the forms that I have to submit.

Thanks!

Cessa

Comment

hi Ray B,

I have a question with the medical sheet to be sent to USCIS.

I have here the "Vaccination Documentation Worksheet - For use with DS-2053 or DS 2054", it indicates the shots I had in St. Luke's and I also have the CD for my x-ray.

Do I have to include the sheet and the x-ray CD on my AOS?

Thanks!

Cessa

Comment

You need to have an update I-693 by a UCSIS-listed doctor and the report put in a sealed envelope to submit with your Adjustment package.

The CD is of no use to anyone here at all. But do include the St Luke's vaccination worksheet with your Adjustment package.

--Ray B

hi Ray B,

I have a question with the medical sheet to be sent to USCIS.

I have here the "Vaccination Documentation Worksheet - For use with DS-2053 or DS 2054", it indicates the shots I had in St. Luke's and I also have the CD for my x-ray.

Do I have to include the sheet and the x-ray CD on my AOS?

Thanks!

Cessa

Comment

Hi Ray B,

Just got confused, I read the instructions for form I-693 and it says that if I was admitted as K1 and the medical examination was done overseas, I don't need another medical examination as long as the form I-485 filed within one year of the overseas medical exam. My medical was conducted last august 19, 2014.

Do I still need to do the form I-693?

You need to have an update I-693 by a UCSIS-listed doctor and the report put in a sealed envelope to submit with your Adjustment package.

The CD is of no use to anyone here at all. But do include the St Luke's vaccination worksheet with your Adjustment package.

--Ray B

Comment

You need an updated I-693 with vaccination/shot updates in a sealed envelope and submitted with your Adjustment package. It's not a new medical exam, it's an updated report of the vaccination section of form I-693. Your experience with the listed doctors, however, will vary in fees and their interpretation of the K1 requirements.

--Ray B

Hi Ray B,

Just got confused, I read the instructions for form I-693 and it says that if I was admitted as K1 and the medical examination was done overseas, I don't need another medical examination as long as the form I-485 filed within one year of the overseas medical exam. My medical was conducted last august 19, 2014.

Do I still need to do the form I-693?

Comment

Please RayB, will form i-485 be denied due to over stay and expired visa?

Please Ray B, what is the implications of submitting form i-485 when your visa has already expired and applying for adjustment based on marriage? Cos I have submitted my i-485 since on 13th of November, 2014,UDCIS has received It since on the 13th of November, and i haven't received the receipt ( Notice of Action) thou my visa expires on the 10th of November 2014. What could be responsible????? Any help??????????

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X