Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• adjustment of status process

hi,

just wanna ask what will be the steps and requirements for the adjustment of status.

please reply.

thanks!
    cessa

The Adjustment of Status requires the applicant to be in the U.S. on a valid visa, and the basis or petitioner to have U.S. citizenship.

The submittal fee for Adjustment of Status is $1,070 and the basic form is I-485.

--Ray B

Originally posted by cessa View Post
    hi,

just wanna ask what will be the steps and requirements for the adjustment of status.

please reply.

thanks!
    cessa

Comment

thanks ray b.

the total payment of $1,070 is for everything, right? the AOS, working permit, advance parole, etc. is that right?

Originally posted by rayb View Post
      The Adjustment of Status requires the applicant to be in the U.S. on a valid visa, and the basis or petitioner to have U.S. citizenship.

The submittal fee for Adjustment of Status is $1,070 and the basic form is I-485.

--Ray B

Comment

Right, $1,070 for the I-485 and supporting documents, including I-765 and I-131.

But there must also be an I-130 already submitted or being submitted at the same time (unless a k1 entrant), and that procedure's fee is $420.

--Ray B

Originally posted by cessa View Post
        thanks ray b.

the total payment of $1,070 is for everything, right? the AOS, working permit, advance parole, etc. is that right?

Comment

please I also need assistance on this

I submitted my form i-130 and it was routed to kalaska center, but now I want to submit the form i-485, which address should I mail it to? Chicago address or kalaska center? Urgent respond is appreciated thanks Everyone...

Comment

Don't submit the I-485 until you have the hardcopy receipt from USCIS for the I-130 to include with your I-485 submittal.

Can you clarify what you mean by "Kalaska Center?" I don't recognize that as a destination for any submittals.

The I-485 will be submitted to the Chicago dropbox address.

--Ray B

Originally posted by lexlugga View Post
            I submitted my form i-130 and it was routed to kalaska center, but now I want to submit the form i-485, which address should I mail it to? Chicago address or kalaska center? Urgent respond is appreciated thanks Everyone...

Comment

Thank u very much for ur prompt and fast respond also for helping us thru this forum

I mean my form i-130 was routed from Chicago office to Nebraska service center for processing. My QUESTION is; should I also mail my form i-485 to Chicago for submission or to Nebraska where my application for i-130 is being processed??? Thanks for ur fast respond

Comment

You should have sent them together to Chicago. Now, you have to wait until you have the Receipt Notice of Action to include with the I-485, then mail it to Chicago:
                USCIS
                PO Box 805887
                Chicago, IL 60680-412

-Ray B

I mean my form i-130 was routed from Chicago office to Nebraska service center for processing. My QUESTION is; should I also mail my form i-485 to Chicago for submission or to Nebraska where my application for i-130 is being processed??? Thanks for ur fast respond

Comment

thanks

I have the receipt already. That's why am asking if I should sent it along with the form i-485 to Chicago or to Nebraska's service center where my form i-130 is being processed??: Thanks for the urgent respond

Comment

I've answered the question very specifically already, but here is the answer again

If you have the I-797 Receipt Notice of Action for your I-130, submit that I-797 form with your I-485 to the Chicago address I gave you earlier, not to Nebraska.

--Ray B

I have the receipt already. That's why am asking if I should sent it along with the form i-485 to Chicago or to Nebraska's service center where my form i-130 is being processed??: Thanks for the urgent respond

Comment

u are truly a helper

Thanks. I will do just that

Comment

I just did the same thing. Waited til my I-130 was approved then sent the I-485 to Chicago. Waiting for a reply.

Comment

There is no reason to wait for the I-130 to be approved before submitting the I-485. A copy of the I-130 receipt Notice of Action with the I-485 submittal is all one needs.

--Ray B

Originally posted by 10pmStalker View Post
                          I just did the same thing. Waited til my I-130 was approved then sent the I-485 to Chicago. Waiting for a reply.

Comment

Originally posted by rayb View Post
                            There is no reason to wait for the I-130 to be approved before submitting the I-485. A copy of the I-130 receipt Notice of Action with the I-485 submittal is all one needs.

--Ray B
                            Yeah I know. Just couldn't afford the extra $1070 at the time.

Comment

Makes sense. These are big chunks of money, and staggering the payments make them more manageable.

--Ray B

Originally posted by 10pmStalker View Post
                              Yeah I know. Just couldn't afford the extra $1070 at the time.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X