Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting F2 application for fiancee before wedding

Hi All,

I am currently on F1-OPT STEM extension. I am getting married on Nov-27th. I intend to start my future wife's dependent application (F2) soon so that we dont get caught in the Christmas rush and that i need to be back in US on Dec 11. For this i intend to :

a. Apply for dependent on my i20 on Nov1 with the financial certification.
    b. Book a visa slot on Dec 2nd/3rd by paying the fee at HDFC bank and the submitting the DS160 form.
    c. Provide the marriage certificate(which i would get on Nov 28th) at the time of interview.

Some specific questions I wanted some clarity on:

a. Will me getting the dependent added on my i20 before wedding have any consequence?
    b. Can i pay the fee at the bank before I arrive in India and book a slot ?
    c. Will I be allowed to go into the immigration office with my wife during interview?
    d. What are the general guidelines for F2 interview takers?

Any suggestions and pit falls that i should look out for are welcome.

Thanks,
    Pramod

Hey Pramod,

My case is similar to yours and would really appreciate if could share what you actually ended up doing and was the process smooth or you faced any major hurdles.
    Anything you would like to point out in particular about this route

Thanks in advance

Comment

It seems to me, the key is getting an I-20 with dependents names on it. I doubt the school will do it without seeing a marriage cert

Comment

I am in somewhat similar boat, I would like to know if you got I-20 from school for dependent before marriage?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X