Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expedite EAD

Hi all.

I've just received a letter from USCIS stating they have received my application for AOS and EAD and Travel Documents.

I was just wondering if I can now request to expedite my EAD or do I have to wait a certain number of days till I request to expedite it.

Thanks so much

Originally posted by aliblink View Post
    Hi all.

I've just received a letter from USCIS stating they have received my application for AOS and EAD and Travel Documents.

I was just wondering if I can now request to expedite my EAD or do I have to wait a certain number of days till I request to expedite it.

Thanks so much
    You can make an expedite request at this time by contacting the National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283. They will take a “service request” and forward your expedite request to the office with jurisdiction over the application or petition. You could also visit your local office by scheduling an InfoPass appointment or write a letter to the local office or service center.

Just keep in mind that all expedite requests are reviewed on a case-by-case basis, and are granted at the discretion of the Director. You have to have a good reason for the expedite request, and when you explain your reason, you must be persuasive. Therefore, it is advisable that you contact an immigration attorney for help in making your expedite request, especially if there is a real urgency for expedited service.
    Last edited by samlynn; 11-18-2014, 06:10 PM.

Comment

That's good advice, especially the parts about Customer Service Center and Infopass.

--Ray B

You can make an expedite request at this time by contacting the National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283. They will take a “service request” and forward your expedite request to the office with jurisdiction over the application or petition. You could also visit your local office by scheduling an InfoPass appointment or write a letter to the local office or service center.

Just keep in mind that all expedite requests are reviewed on a case-by-case basis, and are granted at the discretion of the Director. You have to have a good reason for the expedite request, and when you explain your reason, you must be persuasive. Therefore, it is advisable that you contact an immigration attorney for help in making your expedite request, especially if there is a real urgency for expedited service.
      Last edited by samlynn; 11-18-2014, 06:12 PM.

Comment

Thank you for the reply. I understood that on the USCIS webpage and I just went to get an appointment using infopass and they told me that my ead is already expedited the minute I sent in my request.

My only concern is, if it's already expedited like they said it was, how come it takes so long for people to receive it? I received my I-797C last October 31.. Would it be possible for me to request it again? To expedite it or do I have to wait 90 DAYS.

Comment

The problem I see is that your EAD request, submitted with your Adjustment package, is contingent on a certain amount of review progress with your Adjustment of Status. Right now you have no legal right to an EAD, and it normally takes about 3 months, after I-485 package submittal, before it shows up. At any time in the interim, all work on your EAD can be stopped if additional evidence is requested. As the previous poster suggested, you might to an an immigration attorney, pay a minimum of $1,000 for him to write a letter on his attorney letterhead, and you may end up getting the EAD in about 3 months from when you submitted your Adjustment package, and he will get the credit for helping you.

Legal help is essential if you have "adverse adjudication hearings" for which professional representation is advisable, or if there is a serious problem with your immigration-related processing.

--Ray B

Originally posted by aliblink View Post
          Thank you for the reply. I understood that on the USCIS webpage and I just went to get an appointment using infopass and they told me that my ead is already expedited the minute I sent in my request.

My only concern is, if it's already expedited like they said it was, how come it takes so long for people to receive it? I received my I-797C last October 31.. Would it be possible for me to request it again? To expedite it or do I have to wait 90 DAYS.

Comment

Ead expedite help please

My expedite rejected. i expedited for two reasons. But i got a mail as stated "It must be noted that F-1 students are required to establish that they have the financial ability to pay for their course of study and living expenses for the entire period of study as indicated on their I-20, thus they cannot claim financial hardship due to the very nature of their nonimmigrant status and maintenance thereof. In addition, an employment offer or start date does not qualify under USCIS's severe financial loss expedite criteria."

But I expedited my case for two reasons and one of the major reason is emergency situation. I have stated my situation below. but they considered only the job offer situation. What should I do? I am so worried about this situation. Any help will be highly appreciated.

I have applied for my Initial OPT on Sept - 28th 2018. My graduation date is on Dec-20th 2018, so Exactly 82 days before my graduation date,(As early as possible) I applied for my initial OPT.

My card was received on: Sep-28th.(76 days till date)

I also have a job offer letter and my employer is asking for my joining date. I am not able to give my joining date before any EAD status update. This is one of the reasons I applied to EAD once I became eligible for applying for EAD(90 days before graduation).

And also, I need to travel to my country because of an emergency situation. My legal guardian is sick and hospitalized. Today I called USCIS customer support and then they connected me to the 2nd level support, where they told me that they will raise a request for expediting my case for two reasons.

You have a job offer and looking for the joining date.

Your legal guardian is in a medical emergency so you need to travel.

They also told me that, I may receive a notice in 7 business days asking for the proofs for the expediting reasons.

Please help me out....

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X