Re-entry permit not received

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re-entry permit not received

So i applied for reentry permit in first week of august. Got my biometrics done on 20th august and received an email on 21st october which said my reentry permit had been mailed to the address on file and i should receive it within a month. I had opted to receive it at the consulate. So a month has passed and i havent received anything from them.
    How is the notification for the pick up of reentry at consulate sent? Is it sent to the American address?

I have no way of contacting USCIS as they wont talk to my family and i cant contact them from India.
    I live in Mumbai and the USCIS office in India is in Delhi!

I would appreciate the help I can get.

I suggest that you contact the USCIS office in Delhi and ask them for the status.

You can definitely contact the USCIS in US also. I don't understand why not.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

I contacted uscis through a 3 way call.
      Got transferred to a tier 2 agent. The guy was rude. I asked him for the tracking number he gave me one and it shows it was delivered to somewhere in Virginia. Told the guy it's delivered to wrong address and he said that's usps' problem and not ours and cut the phone.

Contacted uscis delhi office, they want me to make an infopass appointment.

Comment

hello abhinav

Did you finally receive your permit ? I too am facing similar situation. I requested my permit to be mailed to mumbai consulate..

Comment

Originally posted by Abhinavp View Post
          I contacted uscis through a 3 way call.
          Got transferred to a tier 2 agent. The guy was rude. I asked him for the tracking number he gave me one and it shows it was delivered to somewhere in Virginia. Told the guy it's delivered to wrong address and he said that's usps' problem and not ours and cut the phone.

Contacted uscis delhi office, they want me to make an infopass appointment.

I am facing precisely the same situation..my call too got transferred to a tier 2 agent who gave me a tracking number... And eerily enough , my permit too got delivered to Virginia (Dulles) . Please reply if possible .. How did it unfold for you?

Comment

similar situation

hi guys ,

I am facing similar situation . tracking shows my document is delivered to DULLES VA .I am supposed to collect at consulate in singapore . how will I get notification that I can collect at the consulate

I believe everything is settled with you all. please help me with your experience.

regards,
            ye

Comment

hi gaurav,

Did u receive your re entry permit ? I requested to send to U.S. embassy Singapore . So far I haven't received notification . How did u solve this problem?

Comment

I m also having the same problem.

USCIS case status shows that its delivered in Washington, DC 20521. But It was supposed to deliver US Consulate in Pakistan.
                Please guide me how you guys solved this issue.

Comment

Can you please update how did you finally get the document ? Even i requested to pick up the document from US Consulate in India , USCIS Case status shows document approved but till now i have not received any notice to pick up the document from US Consulate in India.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X