Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how to update passport number after renewal while booking appointment in cgi federal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to update passport number after renewal while booking appointment in cgi federal

hi
    I got my new passport recently. my old passport was expired. my H1 visa in old passport is expiring on Mar 19 2015.
    now I am going to India in Feb last week. so I need to book appointment for my H1B visa stamping.

When I login to https://cgifederal.secure.force.com I see in my profile it has old passport number.
    now I want to update it to new passport number.
    So how do I do that ?
    I see there is a link to "Provide Feedback" and there is a link to attach 1 file.
    so should I use this to give my new passport info ?

Thanks
    Last edited by ssivada; 01-17-2015, 12:21 AM.

Hi,

I am facing the exact same issue. I called up the call center at the below number and spoke to an agent.

Callers in India: Call +91 120 4844644 or +91 40 46258222.
    Callers in the United States: Call ** 703 520 2239.

She told me to email scanned copy of my new passport to [email protected]
    I have not yet done that but will be doing it shortly, hope it helps you too.

Thanks,
    R

Comment

I am in the same situation

Originally posted by rish001 View Post
      Hi,

I am facing the exact same issue. I called up the call center at the below number and spoke to an agent.

Callers in the United States: Call *** 703 520 2239.

She told me to email scanned copy of my new passport to [email protected]
      I have not yet done that but will be doing it shortly, hope it helps you too.

Thanks,
      R
      Hello, i currently paid the interview fees, and then renewed my passport, so i sent them scanned copies of my new/old passports as you said, and they said they won't be able to update the passport number since i have already paid, however they will escalate my case to the embassy to decide if they can update it for me.

did u get a reply fast? and what happened in ur case?

Comment

Originally posted by mkr47 View Post
        Hello, i currently paid the interview fees, and then renewed my passport, so i sent them scanned copies of my new/old passports as you said, and they said they won't be able to update the passport number since i have already paid, however they will escalate my case to the embassy to decide if they can update it for me.

Any update the issue ? I have similar issue and would like to know how did you resolve it ?

Comment

Originally posted by rkmika View Post
          Any update the issue ? I have similar issue and would like to know how did you resolve it ?
          Here is what I would suggest:

1. Send an email with a request to update your passport information and attach a scan copy of you your old and new passport: [email protected]
          2. You will receive an automated email reply with case number. They will update the new passport number in 24 to 48 hours.
          3. If you are in hurry - call the customer care listed below, give them the case number and request them to update the information while you are on phone

Callers in the United States: Call *** 703 520 2239.

The process took me 20 minutes and I was able to see the updated passport number on my profile.

Comment

Hi I'm from Singapore and I encountered the same problem. I called the call centre and the service staff advised me to send an email, attaching a scan of my new passport. She then updated my passport number almost immediately.

Comment

Unable to update passport no in ustravel docs after fees paid

Originally posted by mkr47 View Post

I am in the same situation where it is not possible to update Passport No. on USTRAVELdocs since fees has already been paid. Could you please let me know how you got around this situation?

Comment

Hi there,
                I am in the same boat - had old passport, paid the fees and then realized it's expiring within 6 months of travel. Got the new passport and now trying to update it AFTER the fact that the fees has already been paid on CGI portal. I emailed the support and they said the following:

In response to your question, we request you to please proceed with your scheduled appointment.

At your appointment, please inform the Visa Application Center officials about the changes.

Note: Fill the DS-160 with new passport details and at the time of appointment carry both old and new passports.​

My question is that was filling the new DS-160 enough or did you face any challenges while submitting your documents at the dropbox location? or is there any other solution to this?

Comment

Hi , I have the same issue. Could you please confirm if they changed passport number to new one on CGI portal at biometrics appt?

Comment

Originally posted by ndhawan View Post
                    Hi there,
                    I am in the same boat - had old passport, paid the fees and then realized it's expiring within 6 months of travel. Got the new passport and now trying to update it AFTER the fact that the fees has already been paid on CGI portal. I emailed the support and they said the following:

In response to your question, we request you to please proceed with your scheduled appointment.

At your appointment, please inform the Visa Application Center officials about the changes.

Note: Fill the DS-160 with new passport details and at the time of appointment carry both old and new passports.​

My question is that was filling the new DS-160 enough or did you face any challenges while submitting your documents at the dropbox location? or is there any other solution to this?
                    Just curious, I am in the same boat... did you get any concrete answer for this?

Comment

Hi Singhvishu, sorry to see your message so late...no changes yet...we will be going to get stamping on April 18th and I will update then.
                      Did you get yours stamped?

Comment

Hi Mr.Dhawan!

i just your query regarding change of biographical details after the payment of fees at the cgifederal portal. Was your query resolved? If yes, in how much time and what procedure did u follow?

request please help as am in a similar situation.​

Comment

Hi ndhawan,

Hi , I have the same issue. Could you please confirm if they changed passport number to new one on CGI portal at biometrics appt?

I am in similar situation, can we book appointment having old passport number in CGI portal having DS-160 application with new passport details, please help.​

Comment

Hello Everyone,

I am also in the same situation and highly appreciate if anyone of the above friends successfully made use of the appointment scheduled with old passport. I am going to carry both my old and new passport and I have already corrected passport number in latest DS-160.

Expecting some response from anyone.

Thanks in advance!

Comment

Originally posted by krish1671 View Post
                              Hello Everyone,

I am also in the same situation and highly appreciate if anyone of the above friends successfully made use of the appointment scheduled with old passport. I am going to carry both my old and new passport and I have already corrected passport number in latest DS-160.

Expecting some response from anyone.

Thanks in advance!
                              Hi Buddy, did you manage to get the visa stamp using both old and new passports?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X