I-94 Extension at Loredo, Texas, POE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sidboy View Post
    Can anybody provide information on this Immigration question, I came from India Dec 18 2016, when i entered dallas they gave me an I94 with a passport expiry date 07/30/2017(On the Bottom, Officer wrote PPRenewal down the date stamped) instead of visa expiry date which is future in 2020. Once i renew my passport, Is there a way i can extend my I94 until visa expiry with out going out of the country.Please let me know.

Response is appreciated,

Since the Officer wrote PP renewal on the Stamp, Is there a way I can go to Dallas or Austin CBP to renew my I-94.

ThankYou,
    Sid
    Sid, My passport also expires almost the same time, i have got it renewed. Please contact me on [email protected]

Comment

Can anybody provide information on this Immigration question, I came from India Dec 18 2016, when i entered dallas they gave me an I94 with a passport expiry date 07/30/2017(On the Bottom, Officer wrote PPRenewal down the date stamped) instead of visa expiry date which is future in 2020. Once i renew my passport, Is there a way i can extend my I94 until visa expiry with out going out of the country.Please let me know.

Response is appreciated,

Since the Officer wrote PP renewal on the Stamp, Is there a way I can go to Dallas or Austin CBP to renew my I-94.

ThankYou,
      Sid
      Hi ,

I went to the minneapolis CBP office for the same today, and the response was that they have talked to each and every CBP office in USA and None of them Does the renewal. So, I am really doubtful if this can be done while you are inside the country.. I am also thinking what to do.

[email protected]

Comment

Updated I 94 after the new passport - 02/16/2017

Hi there, I went to Laredo TX, to get my I 94 updated after the new passport. Thank you all for the information provided.
        Just wanted to give an update on my experience. Better to go on weekdays.
        I drove to Laredo TX, parked the car in Valero gas station (5$ an hour) near the CBP office. Need to walk little( around 1 mile I guess) to get to the office.
        You need to go to Bridge 1 - gateway to Americas (I went to Bridge 2 - Cbp office at first and they asked me to go to bridge 1)
        Walking directions:
        Once you park there, walk towards the signal right in front of the gas station, take a left and u see "Ueta - liquor store" take a right there. Walk 4 blocks ( pass 4 roads) , till you see the " Convent" street where you take a left.
        Go straight till you see Mexico bridge, you see payless shoe, Ueta liquor store and then small bridge where you can see "Mexico" written on it . You don't have to cross the bridge. There is an office infront of Ueta liquor store - looks like a tent with people standing inside in a queue. That's the CBP office. U can talk to the officer there and say i need to get my travel documents updated. There will be a line, covered with black liner - pass thru the queue there and u go directly to the CBP office. A door with 2 or 3 counters where you say u need to update i 94.
        -- If you miss any road, keep checking with the people around and ask for "Bridge 1 - gateway to Americas" CBP office. They will say the directions. Condition: Only engish speaking people:-)
        Documents:
        Give your both passports, i 797 and he will ask you to pay 6$(cash only). He will ask for your current location and why are you heading there( said it was work location, work at so and so..
        That's it, He gave me a i 94 card with the new date until my H1b date and a stamp on your passport dated. You can wait there and check after 10 minutes, it was updated online as well.

Hope it helps.
        Last edited by sushmita9977889; 02-20-2017, 11:53 AM.

Comment

New I-94 after Passport Renewal Laredo experience

Hi All,

I wanted to share my experience when I went to Laredo TX, I parked my car in 614 Hidalgo Street, Laredo, TX, paid the parking fees of 5$ and then walked towards the CBP which is 0.1 miles(Foot path where you can walk ) from there, I asked the officer that I came for the new I-94, He showed me a queue where i can stand. When I got my turn I asked for the new I-94 with my Old, New Passports and current I-797, Unfortunately they said they cannot provide me the new I-94 as I have I-94 which is already there in I-797, I told them this needs to be updated online for the record. Then i explained this to the senior officer there and he finally agreed for issuing a new I-94. As there is a change in shift I waited in the queue for 20 min, paid my 6$ for new I-94 and returned back. Total time in CBP 1 Hr

While coming back there is an inspection site where they ask you for passport check and let you go.

you dont need to cross the border for this process.

Thank you all for the information provided in the forum.
          Last edited by Sidboy; 02-20-2017, 12:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sushmita9977889 View Post
            Hi there, I went to Laredo TX, to get my I 94 updated after the new passport. Thank you all for the information provided.
            Just wanted to give an update on my experience. Better to go on weekdays.
            I drove to Laredo TX, parked the car in Valero gas station (5$ an hour) near the CBP office. Need to walk little( around 1 mile I guess) to get to the office.
            You need to go to Bridge 1 - gateway to Americas (I went to Bridge 2 - Cbp office at first and they asked me to go to bridge 1)
            Walking directions:
            Once you park there, walk towards the signal right in front of the gas station, take a left and u see "Ueta - liquor store" take a right there. Walk 4 blocks ( pass 4 roads) , till you see the " Convent" street where you take a left.
            Go straight till you see Mexico bridge, you see payless shoe, Ueta liquor store and then small bridge where you can see "Mexico" written on it . You don't have to cross the bridge. There is an office infront of Ueta liquor store - looks like a tent with people standing inside in a queue. That's the CBP office. U can talk to the officer there and say i need to get my travel documents updated. There will be a line, covered with black liner - pass thru the queue there and u go directly to the CBP office. A door with 2 or 3 counters where you say u need to update i 94.
            -- If you miss any road, keep checking with the people around and ask for "Bridge 1 - gateway to Americas" CBP office. They will say the directions. Condition: Only engish speaking people:-)
            Documents:
            Give your both passports, i 797 and he will ask you to pay 6$(cash only). He will ask for your current location and why are you heading there( said it was work location, work at so and so..
            That's it, He gave me a i 94 card with the new date until my H1b date and a stamp on your passport dated. You can wait there and check after 10 minutes, it was updated online as well.

Hope it helps.

Hi Sushmita,

I'm in San Francisco CA & planning to go to Laredo TX for same thing (update me & my family's i94 due to passport renewal).
            Is it okay to go to Laredo TX all the way from CA for i94 renewal (because you mentioned that they ask about work location & in my case it will far from TEXAS i.e. CA) ?
            Just wanted to know your point of view since you visited & saw that place yourself, may be you saw/encountered any one there who visited from distant place for i94 renewal.

I know, there is POE at mexico-border in CA (near San Diego), but i will have to cross the border & return back to go to CBP office for i94 renewal which i do not want to do especially with family.

- Sri

- - - Updated - - -

Hi All,

I wanted to share my experience when I went to Laredo TX, I parked my car in 614 Hidalgo Street, Laredo, TX, paid the parking fees of 5$ and then walked towards the CBP which is 0.1 miles(Foot path where you can walk ) from there, I asked the officer that I came for the new I-94, He showed me a queue where i can stand. When I got my turn I asked for the new I-94 with my Old, New Passports and current I-797, Unfortunately they said they cannot provide me the new I-94 as I have I-94 which is already there in I-797, I told them this needs to be updated online for the record. Then i explained this to the senior officer there and he finally agreed for issuing a new I-94. As there is a change in shift I waited in the queue for 20 min, paid my 6$ for new I-94 and returned back. Total time in CBP 1 Hr

While coming back there is an inspection site where they ask you for passport check and let you go.

you dont need to cross the border for this process.

Thank you all for the information provided in the forum.

Hi Sid,

I'm in San Francisco CA & planning to go to Laredo TX for same thing (update me & my family's i94 because of my passport renewal).
            Is it okay to go to Laredo TX all the way from CA for i94 renewal (because you mentioned that they ask about work location & in my case it will far from TEXAS i.e. CA) ?
            Just wanted to know your point of view since you visited & saw that place yourself, may be you saw/encountered any one there who visited from distant place for i94 renewal.

I know, there is POE at mexico-border in CA (near San Diego), but i will have to cross the border & return back to go to CBP office for i94 renewal which i do not want to do especially with family.

- Sri

Comment

I-94

Originally posted by restamping_h1b View Post
              Hi Sushmita,

I'm in San Francisco CA & planning to go to Laredo TX for same thing (update me & my family's i94 due to passport renewal).

- Sri

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Sid,

I'm in San Francisco CA & planning to go to Laredo TX for same thing (update me & my family's i94 because of my passport renewal).

- Sri
              Sri,

One of my friend went recently and tried the way i did, I heard they are asking you to cross the border and come when you go to Laredo TX, If that is the case you can do that in CA.
              So, Please check if there are any forum where you can cross the border from CA. Ask them the experience through CA.

All the best.

Thanks,
              Sidboy

Comment

Sri,

One of my friend went recently and tried the way i did, I heard they are asking you to cross the border and come when you go to Laredo TX, If that is the case you can do that in CA.
                So, Please check if there are any forum where you can cross the border from CA. Ask them the experience through CA.

All the best.

Thanks,
                Sidboy
                Hi Sidboy,

Thanks a lot for this helpful information, I've searched many forums online to find latest experience about CA border, but could not find any
                Did your friend cross the border when asked by cbp at Loredo ? how was his experience ?

Thanks Sri

Comment

Is anyone going to Loredo this weekend?

Hi Sidboy,

Thanks a lot for this helpful information, I've searched many forums online to find latest experience about CA border, but could not find any
                  Did your friend cross the border when asked by cbp at Loredo ? how was his experience ?

Thanks Sri
                  Is anyone going to Loredo this weekend?

Comment

Hi Sri
                    I don't think work location in CA will be a problem, at least I didn't had any. Carry all the work related docs just in case. He didn't ask for any though in my case. When I went, I was the only one for I 94 renewal.

Hi Sushmita,

- Sri

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Sid,

- Sri
                    Last edited by sushmita9977889; 03-06-2017, 12:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sushmita9977889 View Post
                      Hi Sri
                      I don't think work location in CA will be a problem, at least I didn't had any. Carry all the work related docs just in case. He didn't ask for any though in my case. When I went, I was the only one for I 94 renewal.
                      Hi Sushmita,
                      Did you cross the border in your case ?

Comment

Hi has anybody been to Laredo to get 1-94 updated in March - 2017?

Comment

Just recently we went to laredo,Tx on March 11,2017.

Originally posted by Debarshi Chatterji View Post
                          Hi has anybody been to Laredo to get 1-94 updated in March - 2017?
                          Hi Debarshi,

We went to Laredo on March 11,2017 and got our i94 updated. We parked our car at 614 Hidalgo St, Laredo, TX 78040 (Valero Gas Station) then walked towards to CBP office. We waited in line for 40 mins and got our i94 updated. send me an email if you have any questions --> [email protected].

Thanks

Comment

Did you go before your I-94 expired

Originally posted by rcthilak View Post
                            Hi Debarshi,

We went to Laredo on March 11,2017 and got our i94 updated. We parked our car at 614 Hidalgo St, Laredo, TX 78040 (Valero Gas Station) then walked towards to CBP office. We waited in line for 40 mins and got our i94 updated. send me an email if you have any questions --> [email protected].

Thanks
                            Hi rcthilak,

Did you go before your I-94 expired?
                            Can I go one week before it gets expired?

Thanks in advance for your response.

Regards,
                            Suman Singh

Comment

Has any one used services from http://www.usvisamex.com/i_94_trip for I-94 renewal

Has any one used services from for I-94 renewal?
                              Also can you go a week before your I-94 expires for reneal at Laredo CBP office?

Comment

Originally posted by rcthilak View Post
                                Hi Debarshi,

Thanks
                                Thanks so much for the much appreciated response.
                                In my case, my I-94 has already expired. I am hoping I can still sort it out at the Laredo border. Although it has just expired and if I can make it to the border this weekend it will be well within a month of expiration.
                                Was your I-94 valid before you got it updated?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X