Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EAD Returned to Sender

Hello,

My ead got approved on 2nd February and on 6th february it was picked up by USPS. We had moved and had set up mail forwarding but while we got the approval notice at our new address, the ead card was sent to the old address and was returned to USCIS. At that point we were not aware that mail forwarding doesn't apply to govt docs.

I submitted AR 11 on 9th february and on 10th i called USCIS to request them to resent my card to the new address i had updated. I am really worried and i am not sure if this is enough.

Any suggestions?

Hi,

I have the same problem. Here is my story:

The EAD was sent to me on 16th Jan but I didn't receive it because our mail is forwarded (also didn't know at the time it doesn't apply to government documents). Both my lawyer and I called to have our address changed and as from 30th Jan it says my request was completed. In the meanwhile, my card was supposedly being returned to sender so I requested to have it resent to me. Three weeks after 16th Jan my card was still not returned to USCIS and came back to my old (and obviously wrong) address only to determine it is undeliverable again. USPS assured us that this time it would be forwarded to our PO box. Well, it was not but at least went back to USCIS. However, on my case status it says it was delivered to my by the post office to the address I provided them with (obviously I do not live in the USCIS office).
    So what happened next is that we called USCIS and told them that we didn't receive the card and it has been sent back to them although the information on my case status claims the opposite. They asked what my address was and when I told them the updated address they said that was not what they had on file (they had the old one). So it turns out that I had to update my address for that application as well. I thought once I had my address updated it applies to all the applications I had submitted. At last, they said that I should receive a notice for my address change and after that to have my card resent. They said they will resend it, I haven't reapplied for it nor submitted another request.

Did you receive your EAD? How long did it take? What steps did u take in order to receive it?

Comment

Request Help - EAD returned to USCIS

Originally posted by Did View Post
      Hi,

I have the same problem. Here is my story:

The EAD was sent to me on 16th Jan but I didn't receive it because our mail is forwarded (also didn't know at the time it doesn't apply to government documents). Both my lawyer and I called to have our address changed and as from 30th Jan it says my request was completed. In the meanwhile, my card was supposedly being returned to sender so I requested to have it resent to me. Three weeks after 16th Jan my card was still not returned to USCIS and came back to my old (and obviously wrong) address only to determine it is undeliverable again. USPS assured us that this time it would be forwarded to our PO box. Well, it was not but at least went back to USCIS. However, on my case status it says it was delivered to my by the post office to the address I provided them with (obviously I do not live in the USCIS office).
      So what happened next is that we called USCIS and told them that we didn't receive the card and it has been sent back to them although the information on my case status claims the opposite. They asked what my address was and when I told them the updated address they said that was not what they had on file (they had the old one). So it turns out that I had to update my address for that application as well. I thought once I had my address updated it applies to all the applications I had submitted. At last, they said that I should receive a notice for my address change and after that to have my card resent. They said they will resend it, I haven't reapplied for it nor submitted another request.

Did you receive your EAD? How long did it take? What steps did u take in order to receive it?
      Hello,

Sorry to hear about your problem and I hope it is resolved by now.
      I am in the same situation where my EAD is returned back to USCIS. I am waiting to get it back, and it has already been over 50 days on my EAD.
      Can you please share how much time it took for you to get it back from USCIS?

Thank you for your help and support.

Comment

Address change

Hi there, i know it's been awhile and am guessing you resolved this case by now, I want to know how it was figured out.
        How long did it take and what did you do?
        Thank you.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X