Marrying Ukrainian woman..help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marrying Ukrainian woman..help

Hello, I am returning to the Ukraine for the 3rd time in a year to spend more time with my Ukrainian sweetheart. I have been reading some discussions here about proper documents and procedures however, there have been conflicting bits of information and I was wondering if someone can spell out what we really need to do. When I go to Ukraine in April 2015 we are planning to get married. She has not yet visited me here in the states. We want to get married and Im not sure if we should get married in Ukraine or have her apply for a fiance visa come to the USA and then get married here...Can anyone tell me what if it would be easier for her to get a VISA if we marry in Ukraine or would it be better if she applied for a visa in Ukraine then travel to USA and then we get married and apply for legal status here.
    She is a university educated woman and lives alone and supports herself. I own my house and i have a good job. Also I am confused as to what documents I should file once we are married and how long the process will take.
    Thanks to all..

JC

My advice is to use the fiancee visa procedure, and only requires submittal of I-129F, G-325A for each, proof of meeting in person and $340 submittal fee.

A spousal visa requires submittal of I-130, G-325A for each, $420 submittal fee, and takes about 3 months longer to get her here.

--Ray B

Originally posted by Jon Conarton View Post
    Hello, I am returning to the Ukraine for the 3rd time in a year to spend more time with my Ukrainian sweetheart. I have been reading some discussions here about proper documents and procedures however, there have been conflicting bits of information and I was wondering if someone can spell out what we really need to do. When I go to Ukraine in April 2015 we are planning to get married. She has not yet visited me here in the states. We want to get married and Im not sure if we should get married in Ukraine or have her apply for a fiance visa come to the USA and then get married here...Can anyone tell me what if it would be easier for her to get a VISA if we marry in Ukraine or would it be better if she applied for a visa in Ukraine then travel to USA and then we get married and apply for legal status here.
    She is a university educated woman and lives alone and supports herself. I own my house and i have a good job. Also I am confused as to what documents I should file once we are married and how long the process will take.
    Thanks to all..

JC

Comment

I think you should ask her, formalization is the last thing when it's time to marriage. When i've faced with this problem we choose Ukraine, because there are a lot of her friends and relatives and it's cheaper then traveling to usa (and a lot of these people will faced with visa problems for sure).

Comment

Marrying Ukrainian woman..help

If you earn well and make good money or of your work then get married to her and have her on your IRS. File petition for her and follow the spouse visa process.

Comment

Just curious how old are you? How old is she? How did you guys meet?

Comment

As a US citizen who married a Ukrainian woman I can say that them Ukrainian ladies are decent all around. We live in a couple with Maria for almost three years and we are totally happy together. That is why it is tend to be said that a Ukrainian lady is the fantasy of any man. (quote from https://ukrainian-ladies.net/how-muc...rainian-woman/) Nowadays many people abroad wonder whether US citizen can marry a Ukrainian woman in the US. The answer is simple is obvious. Yes, you can do it. While picking a Ukrainian spouse, you get an understanding and adoring lady. She will not be so liberated as European or American ladies. She esteems ​​the family and spots her better half and youngsters in the lead position. Good luck Gentlemen!

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Conarton View Post
              Thanks to all..

JC
              If you get a K visa and then marry in the US, she will have to stop working until she gets an EAD work card. But you can be together sooner. If you marry abroad and do CP, she will not have to stop working. But you will be apart for longer.

It simply depends on what your goals and priorities are.
              2/20: Received at Chicago lockbox
              4/04: We reviewed your biometrics and are processing your case (I-765 & I-485)
              4/18: Ready to be scheduled for an interview (No notification, not updated on either site until Aug 27)
              4/19: Request to expedite EAD
              5/11: Received EAD
              6/26: Applied for Advance Parole
              8/09: Advance Parole approved
              8/29: Scheduled for Interview
              10/11: Interview
              10/12: RFE on I-130 (misplaced G28)
              10/16: Sent new G28
              10/19: Approved!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X