Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple of Questions on DS-260

Hi,

I have a few concerns filling DS-260. Any help/response is highly appreciated as I am in a time crunch.

Quick recap on events...
    1) Sep 2012 - Filed for EB2 Labor
    2) Aug 2013 - Labor approved-
    3) Sep 2013 - Got married, Spouse is in India
    4) Nov 2013 - Filed I – 140 (Used labor substitution, June 2004 Priority Date)
    5) Nov 2013 - Filed I-824 (Spouse follow-to-join me)
    6) Feb 2014 - I-485 approved (Used labor substitution and ported priority date from old EB3 labor)
    7) May 2014 - I-824 approved
    8) Dec 2014 - NVC replied to my emails saying they received my visa petition and will contact me in 4-5 weeks
    9) Jan 22 2015 - NVC sent me case number and invoice id
    10) Jan 22 - Filled DS 261, Confirmation page tells I will receive invoice in 3-5 days
    11) Feb 20 - Received the invoice, Paid it online

Now, I have to fill DS-260. I am filling the online application as THE immigrant/applicant. I am stuck at a couple of places.

1) Section -Petitioner Information
    My employer filed my I-140 (EB2). In my spouse's DS-260 application, who will the petitioner be (I am thinking it should be me)?
    a) Will it be me, because I filed I-824 (with the help of an attorney)
    b) Will it be my employer.

I filled in this:
    Petitioner is my: OTHER
    Explain Other: THE PETITIONER IS MY HUSBAND

2) Section - Security and Background Information
    I filled in this:
    Do you have documentation to establish that you have received vaccinations in accordance with U.S. law? NO
    Explain: I WISH TO TAKE THE REQUIRED VACCINATIONS BEFORE APPEARING AT THE US CONSULATE FOR THE
    INTERVIEW

3) Also, I was exempt from Affidavit of Support fee (probably because mine was employment based GC). So, the process now is to fill DS-260 online, submit the supporting documents to NVC and wait for them to validate and move the case to US Consulate in Mumbai, India. Is that correct, or am I missing anything.

Thanks in advance for your time..

Could someone please answer my questions? Thanks.

Comment

Hi,

Can I know if the information from the attached image means I am exempt from sending Affidavit of Support and Financial Evidence documents?

Thanks,
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello Rednua,

I'm filling the application now and I have the same questions, how did you answer them?

Comment

Originally posted by telbahnasawy View Post
          Hello Rednua,

I'm filling the application now and I have the same questions, how did you answer them?
          Hi telbahnasawy,

Did you get your answers about the DS-260?

Thank you

Comment

I am also in somewhat similar situation, Petitioner: Self/Other

Hi,

I am also in somewhat similar situation, I got my GC in EB-1A, my daughter I-824 got approved, filling out DS-260 for her. In the Petitioner section, I have options (Employer, Prospective Employer, Self or Other). I know its been long time you posted your question, in your case what did you choose Self or Other for Petitioner. Any suggestions are very helpful.

Thanks,
            Chv

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by telbahnasawy View Post
            Hello Rednua,

Hi,

I am also in somewhat similar situation, I got my GC in EB-1A, my daughter I-824 got approved, filling out DS-260 for her. In the Petitioner section, I have options (Employer, Prospective Employer, Self or Other). I saw your question to previous post, in your case what did you choose Self or Other for Petitioner. Any suggestions are very helpful.

Thanks,
            Chv

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X