Family based greencard for an out of status student

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Family based greencard for an out of status student

I came into united states on a F1 Student status and i lost my status due to some circumstances and i fell out of status since July 2013. My Visa is also expired on july 2014,before i can renew my passport and i was not able to renew my passport at NY Consulate. I am planning to get married to my girlfriend who is a US Citizen and we are planning to file a Family based immigration through her.

Here are my questions and concerns.

1) Is it anyway i can re-new my passport through indian Consulate in US.
    2) We required to get married in order to fill our Greencard application. And to get married we need a marriage licence/certificate? but as i dont have a valid passport, is there anyway to get married in US with out any ID proof?
    3) What are the chances that my status will get re-adjust and CG will be approved?

What is the best way to proceed in this situation? Should i file my GC application if i get married from US only or go back to india and fill from there?

If i plan to go back to india ,does any one know that India Consulate will issue a one way travel document? and what is procedure for that?

Thanks,

Adjustment of status based on marriage to a US citizen is a slam dunk. Do not leave the country until you have your green card in your hands.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X