Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NATURALIZATION CERTIFICATE for OCI

Hi All,

I think most of them gone through this situation.
    I am on H1B and my wife H4B (both are from INDIA), our kid is US born. While I am applying for OCI, I am confused with NATURALIZATION CERTIFICATE?
    Do I need to get NATURALIZATION CERTIFICATE? how to get NATURALIZATION CERTIFICATE? where do I need to apply?

appreciate your help.

--
    Thanks,
    Tarun.

Naturalization certificate is certificate that you get when you become citizen. But in your case your child was born in USA there fore he is a US citizen. His birth certificate is enough to send as a proof of Naturalization.

Take a look here for more info. http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/f...urces/A4en.pdf

Try contacting CKGS. But I think birth certificate is enough to prove he is a US citizen.

Comment

Thanks Jot18,

That link is really helpful.
      Really appreciate your reply.

--
      Thanks,
      Tarun.

Comment

Naturalization certificate for OCI

Hi Tarun,

My scenario is exactly same as yours. Just wanted to check if you got an answer to your question. Did you need a Naturalization Certificate to apply for OCI for your child and if yes, where did you get it from. Appreciate your help.

Thanks,
        Prakash

Comment

No US Naturalization Certificate for US born. There is nothing like that.

I am not sure where you got that. You need only birth certificate and passport for the US born child. You will be providing Indian ancestry proof by including parent's marriage certificate and Indian passport (cancelled or valid).

Comment

Originally posted by Tarun090 View Post
            Hi All,

I think most of them gone through this situation.
            I am on H1B and my wife H4B (both are from INDIA), our kid is US born. While I am applying for OCI, I am confused with NATURALIZATION CERTIFICATE?
            Do I need to get NATURALIZATION CERTIFICATE? how to get NATURALIZATION CERTIFICATE? where do I need to apply?

appreciate your help.

--
            Thanks,
            Tarun.
            Your child is a US citizen by birth and not a naturalized citizen.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X