This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H1 B to H4 EAD

Hi there, I have H1B visa and Currently my H1B extension is in process and I have I 797 C form. (expiry date for h1b was 10/31/2016).
    My husband will receive his I140 soon and then I am thinking to apply for converting H1b to H4 and H4 EAD when my husband will apply for his h1B extension.
    So question is
    1) Can I apply for H1B to H4 and H4 EAD when my current H1B extension is still in process.
    2) If we want to provide future date for H4, what is the ideal time period for that? So that I can work until that date on my current h1B visa.
    We are planning to file my H4 along with his H1B extension in premium processing.

Please guide

Thank you

Comment

H4-EAD renewal while H1B/H4 extension is in process

Hi,

My H1b(and spouse H4 and H4-EAD) is expiring on 07/10/2017.
      My employer is filing a regular extension this week.

What are my best options to avoid any issue with the H4-EAD as my wife is working full time?

As per the lawyer H1B extension is taking around 10 months these days.

1) Should I go for a premium processing for H1(my company doesn't cover premium so i would have to pay $1500) and upon approval(likely to get in 15 days) apply for EAD in march(due to 120 days restriction)

2) Should I go for a premium processing for all 3(costs me $1500 for H1 and $810 for H4-EAD as lawyer and application fees )?

3) Let the regular H1 extension continue and apply H4-EAD in march(as soon as it reaches 120 days) on the basis of the H1B extension application receipt number, if its possible, if it is how would USCIS determine the expiration of the new EAD?

Please advise.

Regards,
      JP

Comment

H4B EAD eligibility

I am on my H1b visa right now and I haven't initiated my green card yet. Now, will my spouse be able to work here with a H4B visa? Or do I have to have my green card process initiated and then wait for I-I40 approval until my spouse can start working?*

Please clarify.

Comment

Originally posted by sydga90 View Post
          I am on my H1b visa right now and I haven't initiated my green card yet. Now, will my spouse be able to work here with a H4B visa? Or do I have to have my green card process initiated and then wait for I-I40 approval until my spouse can start working?*

Please clarify.
          Your spouse cannot work currently on H4 Visa. You need to get your Green Card process initiated and reach the I-140 approval stage. Only then you are eligible for applying EAD (H4) for your wife.

- Not a legal advise

Vijay

Comment

H4 ead

Hi,

I got my H4 Visa couple of week ago and my spouse does have i140 approved, but since i have some commitments i cannot move to US immediately, so is it possible that i can go to US for a Week and get my i94 to apply for EAD and come back to live in india till i get EAD? or do i have to stay in US till i get my EAD.

can you please help me out with this..

Comment

Originally posted by pramodkumar.cse View Post
              Hi,

I got my H4 Visa couple of week ago and my spouse does have i140 approved, but since i have some commitments i cannot move to US immediately, so is it possible that i can go to US for a Week and get my i94 to apply for EAD and come back to live in india till i get EAD? or do i have to stay in US till i get my EAD.

can you please help me out with this..
              For Filling EAD only, You need to be Physically present in US, Once its filled you can go back . One thing to be noted, EAD card will be send to US address and some one should be there to collect it .

Comment

Can We file H4 EAD Extension with H4 Extension receipt?

My H4 EAD is expiring this September, 2017. My Husband filed his H1 extension and my H4 extension under premium processing in March, 2017. We have received the H1 B approval . However, my H4 extension is still inprogress.

Question: In current scenario, Can I apply for my H4 EAD extension submitting my husband's H1 approved petition and my H4 extension receipt? Has any one successfully got their EAD by applying using the H4 extension receipt alone?

Comment

Planning for H4 & EAD extension along with my H1B extension. Can my H4 spouse Travel?

HI,

I am also planning to file H1 extension, my spouse H4 extension and H4 EAD extension. But my spouse may travel to out of country before it approved. I am thinking of this because we need approved H4 EAD before it expires, currently USCIS stopped premium processing for H1 B extension and we need approved H4 EAD to apply for EAD or I can apply concurrent for H4 extension & EAD.
                  Please help if this works.

Thanks
                  Anugu

Comment

H4 EAD and new I-140 petition clarification

Hi,

I have a valid*approved I-140 (Not Revoked) through my previous employer. I am planning to apply H4 EAD for my spouse on June 15th, 2017.

Meanwhile my current employer started my green card processing (EB-2)*and got my PERM application approved today. They are planning to file my I-140 petition sooner.

Please advise on the following questions:

1)*Do i need to wait till my new I-140 approval from my current employer to file the H4 EAD or whether i can apply for H4 EAD based on my previous employer's *I-140 approval notice. I am concerned if my current employer files the I-140 petition on my behalf it should not affect the H4 EAD application for my spouse with previous I-140 approval notice.

2) Will the previous I-140 approval notice become void if the new I-140 is approved with the priority date ported into it?

Please advise on this concern. Thank you very much for the help!

Comment

H4 Dependent Kid work permit - for modelling/acting

Hi All,

I would like to know if H4 EAD needs to be applied for a dependent kid (h4) as work permit to work in modeling or acting? How that kid can work in US? Whats the process of getting a work permit for a H4 dependant kid.

Thank You!
                      Upasna

Comment

Apply for H4 EAD while H4 Extension is pending

Hi,

We applied for my H1B extension along with my wife's H4 Extension and later upgraded to premium processing.
                        USCIS approved my H1B extension with-in 15 days time period after upgrade but my wife's H4 extension is still pending ( after 8 weeks of approval of my H1B)
                        We only upgraded to premium so that we can get my wife's H4 EAD in timely manner. It is expiring in July,2017

Can we apply for H4 EAD renewal while the I-539 is still in pending status ?
                        If yes, where we can find the process & required document ?

Comment

H4 EAD I765 form - I94 number

My wife got H4 extension and gotnew I94in approval notice I797 which I 94 number we should write in EAD form.
                          I94 when she entered in US or new I94 which is on I797.
                          Please help.

Comment

most recent one

Originally posted by reachtotarun View Post
                            My wife got H4 extension and got new I94in approval notice I797 which I 94 number we should write in EAD form.
                            I94 when she entered in US or new I94 which is on I797.
                            Please help.
                            You can enter the i 94 number of the most recent approval of i797 and not pending. And attach the copy of hat i797..

*just an opinion not a legal advice*

Comment

Is Birth Certificate mandatory for filing H4-EAD ?

Hi, Is Birth Certificate mandatory for filing H4-EAD ? Is it fine if we submit the Indian passport instead of birht certificate ? Please help.

Comment

Can I file for H1b, H4 & H4 EAD concurrently? If so, what should I write on Question 18 (H1B's I-797 receipt number) of form i-765?

Thanks.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X