Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lost old expired passport. should i mention it on DS 160?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost old expired passport. should i mention it on DS 160?

Hi,

I am currently applying for M1 visa. In the DS-160, they have asked a question whether we have ever lost a passport or a US visa.
    Please tell me if I should say yes or no, on the basis of the following facts:

Basically I have misplaced my old passport recently, which had expired in 2010. It had a US tourist visa in it which was issued in 2008 and has most probably expired by now too.

Just 2 days ago, i realised that i have misplaced that old passport. i have my current passport with me, which is valid till 2020.

What should I do now about the missing expired passport? Do i need it for my visa interview?

most importantly, should i answer ‘yes’ to losing my passport and us visa in the ds-160 form?

i have not lodged an FIR as i recently discovered it to be missing, and i also most probably do not have a photocopy of the old passport that is required to file the FIR

please let me know how to proceed. thanks

regards,
    Masumi

Any updates on this?

I'm in a similar situation.. I actually already filled out and submitted my ds-160. My old expired passport had an expired US visa. I have mentioned about the visa details in the application, based on the scanned copies I had. Now that I have scheduled the visa interview, I realize that I need to also produce my old passport. Unfortunately, it seems to be misplaced. I also haven't indicated it as a lost/stolen passport in the ds-160. Is this going to be a problem? I have scanned copies of all the pages of my old passport. Would that do? A reply would be deeply appreciated. Thanks!

Comment

Max_Eindhoven I’m in similar situation with my interview in 2 days. B2 visa. I have misplaced my old passport with expired visa somewhere . It’s not lost or stolen. I filled the ds160 without knowing I couldn’t find the passport.

did you attend the interview? Was there any problem with the old passport not being there?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X