URGENT! F-1 visa rjected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• URGENT! F-1 visa rjected

I was rejected an F-1 visa to study Master's degree at Harvard University under 214(b).

The consular officer claimed, as the major basis of refusal, that I can study the same subjects and pursue the same degree in home country.

It this lawful? Isn't it biased and discriminatory to reject some students, while to issue others a visa to study in the US? Can a consular officer decided where, what and when I can study?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Originally posted by date13 View Post
    I was rejected an F-1 visa to study Master's degree at Harvard University under 214(b).

The consular officer claimed, as the major basis of refusal, that I can study the same subjects and pursue the same degree in home country.

It this lawful? Isn't it biased and discriminatory to reject some students, while to issue others a visa to study in the US? Can a consular officer decided where, what and when I can study?

Thanks in advance for your advice.
    thats wierd , u got an admission in such a great university and they rejected u ,Did u say that home country universities are not comparable to harvard which is the most well known university of usa. ALso u shud have talked abt the research and to study in that university will make ur career in ur home country very excellent. I am sure u commited some blunder in the interview. to get rejected after being admitted to harvard , never heard of bro

Comment

Congratulations on your admission to such a prestigious institution.

Typically, consular officers go easy on the INA214(b) requirements for ivy league bound students. They are not supposed to, but they like to help for personal reasons.

It sounds like your interviewer was a stickler for the rules, and did his job.

It is unlawful for a consular officer NOT to discriminate between students, on the basis of their bona fide non-immigrant intent.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X